Need suspension/steering advice 16 JKU Rubicon HR

Viclava

Supporting Member
I just purchased this Jeep a month ago. I just got back in from out of state and had some time to get under my Jeep and look at things. I noticed that I have a 3” Fabtech lift. Springs, shocks, and that’s all that I can tell it has that’s not OEM. It came with 35” X 12.5” X 17” Maxis Razr tires, and Rhino wheels. the Jeep has 49K miles.

On the way home (150 miles and two mountain passes), I noticed that when I hit some road construction area where the road was rutted and not so great, it was all over the place. Not really much of any wobble ( maybe slight). I got it home and took it to a local shop that does a lot of Jeeps and an honest guy, looks at alignment and says I had negative camber (2 degrees maybe.?.)

He recommends replacing front upper ball joints with adjustable ball joints and Caster adjusters. I have him do it, but don’t really notice a heck of a lot, but it did get me about 4 degrees positive caster and said it aligned dead on.

My question is with the lift and tires that are on the Jeep, what else should I install to help Jeep drive a little more steady I guess? My tire pressure is right around 34 psi.

Sorry for long winded post, but I really hope to get some suggestions from some of ya all with more experience.

Thanks in advance,

I would do the chalk test on your tire 1st. It's easy and cheap. A certain psi might be spot on for someone but the same psi could be horrible for another. See where you're at at 34 and go from there.

I would also look at the control arms and track bars. You lift a Jeep over about 2.5" it is highly recommended you install adjustable control arms and track bars.

Reactions: Viclava
take a look at your sway bar arms are they fully extended like pulling on the sway bar The rear ones are the proper length to go on the front for a 2,5 inch lift. And get some new for the back,