Need help!

G288W

I have a 2008 4 door automatic. I was cruising down the highway and RPM’s dropped to 0 and it shut off. I tried getting it jumped and it won’t even click. I’ve replaced the starter, alternator, battery, spark plugs, and checked all the fuses. Still have the same issue when I turn the key nothing happens no noises no clicking and nothing on the dash. I was able to turn the engine so I know it’s not seized.

Reactions: vaffanculo
OP changed the battery, so the clamps have been tightened, I hope. Diagnosing electrical issues without actually laying hands on is a crap shoot and simply throwing parts on is a bad idea. Seen too many bad parts come out of new boxes. Get a local Jeep mechanic involved.

Reactions: tJKrider
OP changed the battery, so the clamps have been tightened, I hope. Diagnosing electrical issues without actually laying hands on is a crap shoot and simply throwing parts on is a bad idea. Seen too many bad parts come out of new boxes. Get a local Jeep mechanic involved.
Just because they're tightened doesn't mean they're making a good connection. I had mine cranked as far as they'd go and they were still loose.

I have a 2008 4 door automatic. I was cruising down the highway and RPM’s dropped to 0 and it shut off. I tried getting it jumped and it won’t even click. I’ve replaced the starter, alternator, battery, spark plugs, and checked all the fuses. Still have the same issue when I turn the key nothing happens no noises no clicking and nothing on the dash. I was able to turn the engine so I know it’s not seized.
Have a 2008 also and the issue was the ground wire coming from the battery. Many of us had this same issue...Especially since when you turn the key nothing is happening no clicks etc. First clean your battery posts and terminals make them shine and tighten them.if that doesn't work Simple fix get a wire about twice as thick as a speaker wire connect it too the battery ground terminal and the other end to the alternator bracket bolt..that should get you back on the road keep us posted