Need help identifying size of lift

JFaciane

I've posted in the other discussion threads but never here so I figured this would be the correct place for my question. I bought my Jeep used and I know it has a lift but unsure of how much. It looks like I need a new front drive shaft but don't want to purchase one until I know the correct lift height of my Jeep. From what I can tell, everything is stock except the shocks and springs. The tires are 32s. I added some photos to help with this query. Thanks in advance Jeepers!!!
359C477D-A27A-4F97-B467-1092FC6A6827.jpeg
2EED3E61-69C1-4118-BB8F-6F61E7C08142.jpeg
755D3DEB-426F-4202-8990-CEE7258CE8B8.jpeg
1A8C7996-BCBA-44CB-A035-20924C8F1859.jpeg

You always come through BLACKJKU!!! Thanks, I asked a question in that thread by the way. What is top of the "spring perch"? Is it the spring itself or the housing the spring sits in? Not that would matter much, we're talking 8ths of an inch probably.

You always come through BLACKJKU!!! Thanks, I asked a question in that thread by the way. What is top of the "spring perch"? Is it the spring itself or the housing the spring sits in? Not that would matter much, we're talking 8ths of an inch probably.

According to the red arrows it's pointing at the lip at the top and the flat on the bottom side. You could always get the measurements of both of the locations to verify your findings are the same.

Reactions: mrjp
Measured this morning. 12 5/8 - 9 3/8 = 3 1/4” lift. I thought that was an odd lift height. I looked up rough country 3 1/4” lifts and the do sell it. Man, it’s weird they didn’t upgrade the drive shaft or anything else such as control arms. The Jeep drives great so I don’t suspect anything out of whack. Maybe they didn’t off road? I know I have to replace the drive shaft because I off road often. Thanks for the help again.

Reactions: mrjp and BLACKJKU
Most people don't know about the adjustable track and control arms when doing a lift unless it comes with the kit.
What should I look for to determine if it's needed? The Jeep rides very good and performs as should in the trails. The only thing I plan on doing is going from 32's to 33's and upgrading my front driveshaft.

What should I look for to determine if it's needed? The Jeep rides very good and performs as should in the trails. The only thing I plan on doing is going from 32's to 33's and upgrading my front driveshaft.

Most of the time it can't be aligned so that it will handle good going down the road if it doesn't have the adjustable control arms. The adjustable track bar will recenter the axles under the Jeep like they should be. I use a 3' level and stand it up next to the tires and look to see how much gap between the tire and level on both sides front and rear.

Reactions: mrjp