Need help.Has anyone had this problem

05LJHB3

Supporting Member
My 2005 LJ 4.0 overheated on a mud run because of the slurry and mud covering my engine. After getting the engine clean, it would still run a little hot so I flushed the engine,replaced the radiator,radiator fan and fan clutch.Water pump,thermostat,and Temp sensor. It did fine for a few miles and then the engine light came on. At 3200 Rpms the Rev limiter kicks in. The cruise control will not work either. I scan and got the P0016 code. I replaced the
coil pack,
CamshaftSynchronizer(manufactured by crown) along with the Mopar camshaft sensor, Mopar crankshaft sensor, autolight 985 spark plugs. I check fuel pressure and it was at 35psi. which should be 56psi I checked compression and the low was 135 with the high being 165. Thats not bad for a jeep with 225000 miles. Next move is either change the fuel pump or take it to a dealer to see what they can find. The jeep runs strong so I don't want to replace the engine if I don't have to.

DO NOT TAKE IT TO A DEALER.

They won't even know what to do with an older gen Jeep. Least not most dealers, and they'll take you for a lot of dough. Guaranteed.

Find a good local mechanic. Ask friends and family, talk to locals or small store owners in the area and they'll give you recommendations. Even Google if no one has any ideas.

Chime back if you do visit the dealer cause i'd like to see how banged up your pockets are after.

Best of luck✌️

I've been told that the pcu needs reset and only the dealership has the ability to do that. They charge 115.00 to do it. I'll keep you posted. 👍

My 2005 LJ 4.0 overheated on a mud run because of the slurry and mud covering my engine. After getting the engine clean, it would still run a little hot so I flushed the engine,replaced the radiator,radiator fan and fan clutch.Water pump,thermostat,and Temp sensor. It did fine for a few miles and then the engine light came on. At 3200 Rpms the Rev limiter kicks in. The cruise control will not work either. I scan and got the P0016 code. I replaced the
coil pack,
CamshaftSynchronizer(manufactured by crown) along with the Mopar camshaft sensor, Mopar crankshaft sensor, autolight 985 spark plugs. I check fuel pressure and it was at 35psi. which should be 56psi I checked compression and the low was 135 with the high being 165. Thats not bad for a jeep with 225000 miles. Next move is either change the fuel pump or take it to a dealer to see what they can find. The jeep runs strong so I don't want to replace the engine if I don't have to.
MABY YOU DAMAGED THE CATYLITIC
CONVERTER