Need advice on loud radiator fan

Lonelytortoise

Hello my peoples. Looking for some help with my ‘12 jk. I’m not super educated on vehicle mechanics so forgive my lack of knowledge in this area. I’m noticing my radiator fan is really loud after a couple miles. It doesn’t sound loose, just sounds like it’s working really hard. I wiggled the fan, seems to be sturdy and operating correctly. The vehicle is not over heating but the heater fails to blow consistent hot air. Only when my foot is on the gas. That being said coolant level is good! What are some tho ya that may be causing this? Things I can check first? Thermostat? Heating coil? Water pump? Big thanks in advance for anyone that can offer some advice.

Thanks Chris but I do not right now. I’m hearing it may be the low fan speed resistor. Only kicks on high mode even when I’m driving in cool temps at high speed.

If the heater doesn't, it sounds to my completely ignorant ear like a failed thermostat. It may also affect the fan temperature sensor.
There are a number of YouTube vids and the best is the simple process the Mexican guy demonstrates. Buy the thermostat/housing for a dollar more.
But. There should be a code for that.

Reactions: mrjp