N Mi new guy

Gnomad

Hello everyone-I've recently blundered back into JeepLand after long term relationships with the likes of Scouts, Land Rovers and the odd Suburban. I haven't had one of my own since my mid 70's Cherokee, bought a TJf or the ex and retubbed a CJ7 for the #1 son as his first vehicle. Finally got tired of the LR3's and the Disco, and Disco is dead to me now, wanted something like a Bronco which I have on order and expect to see any decade now. I've been feeding bits of my soul to the company Caravan since I sold the LR3 back in January and now find myself in a 09 JKUR whch I bought from a couple who were planning to do the overland thing and equipped it as such. Some of the mods I like, tires, lift kit, winch, Gobi rack. Some of it I find to be "not my taste" like the wheel spacers (removed!) the bushwhacker fender flairs, snorkel, and worst of all, an angry Jeep grill. Slowly as time and money permit it's going to be less mall crawler overland and more my idea, already removed the spacers which were completely unnecessary, and a nice calm mellow grill....why the anger? A Wrangler should be the happiest place on earth!
There are some jobs to be done. The front locker doesn't lock, there's a bit of rust, and this morning the CD player plays 15 seconds of the first track and goes quietly into a disc read error. There's some questionable wiring for the PIAA lights, and I have to figure out what to do about the tires as the DPO bought a set of 5 but never put the spare into the rotation so it has way more tread than the others and I'd like to work it into the rotation but I'm not sure if it's too late.
IMG_6311.JPG