My YJ (Christine) is trying to kill me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pallen6366

I bought this 95 YJ to restore and play with 1 1/2 years ago. Spent countless hours working on it and repairing everything I could and replacing what I had to. It sat for almost 5 years , so you know I had my hands full... So my trans goes in my truck so I had to put it on the road at 85% finished.. she is no show jeep , but she is definitely a one of a kind.. my problem is , she runs great for a while, then seems like something is holding her back, almost like the E-brake is on while you are giving it throttle, if you put it to the floor she bucks or dies out , but only SOMETIMES.. theres times she will climb hills fine, then theres times 18 wheelers and Prius's are passing me up them. Can't use 5th gear rarely ever. Even on a down hill if I put it in 5th I loose speed..so far this is what I have done to her.

Replaced fuel pump & Filter.
Cleaned tank, blew all the lines out .
Cleaned all the injectors.
New O2 sensor
New crank sensor
New pickup coil (cam sensor)
New distributor and rotor( 2 times)
New plugs and wires (2 times) New vacuum lines and check valves. Cleaned throttle body and intake ,
New muffler ( no cat, previous owner took it off)
New air cleaner
Cleaned IAC and TPS
Checked compression ( 120 all 4 cylinders, little low, but ok)
New brakes , rotors calipers, wheel cylinders and drums..
The only thing I did notice is when I pulled the distributor out , the teeth were a LITTLE worn on the gear.
Ideas anyone

20200627_111224.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.