My 2018 Wrangler JK Unlimited Sport for Camping Trailer Tow

Ahhh, that makes perfect sense now that I think about it.

Oh well, my eMTB is a blast even as it is, and to be honest, the range is actually really good. I haven't run out of juice yet, and I've been on some really long rides. On flat surfaces I usually just turn the motor off altogether and pedal. It's a bit more of a workout than a regular not eMTB, but I actually enjoy it for the fitness.

Ya, they are a lot of fun. Got to ride plenty when I worked in a bike shop. Really wished I bought one back then. I still will, but I'm gonna get a new trail bike, and a new road bike first.

Ya, they are a lot of fun. Got to ride plenty when I worked in a bike shop. Really wished I bought one back then. I still will, but I'm gonna get a new trail bike, and a new road bike first.

I've got an Ibis Ripmo to go along with the eMTB, but I'm telling you, the more I ride the eMTB, the harder it is for me to ride a non e-bike. They're just so much fun as you know.

Either way, bikes are a lot of fun, regardless of what they are. Hell, I can honestly say that in all my years riding motorcycles, I actually think I enjoy riding bikes more!

Well, an update on the new bumper for my Wrangler (front). Finally delivered to the installation facility. They will untangle the discombobulated mess with the off-road lights and set them all up properly so when I turn on the new 5000K fog lights, that is all that will come on. Surprisingly my salesman said it will be a one day job too, so I drop it off early, take an Ubernator or Tijuana taxi home hit the sack, and pick it up after I get up this coming Monday the 8th of June 2020.

We are using the existing switch panel that was installed for the electric lockers that were put on the A-Piller so both off-road light switches will be mounted there.

The new KC lights which are 5000K Floods will be mounted on the bumper, generally in the same position as the previous units. (Not reusing due to missing parts.)

The exterior A-Piller light mounts will be set up as well, they are 5000K spotlights (have to be aimed) so they will operate independently of the other lights.

The final part of the puzzle for the electrical loads will be increased, which is an obvious boost in the electrical department. We are having a 200 AMP alternator to replace the stock unit so that with the trailer etc., and that with the winch is getting in a bad spot at night, everything will be able to be pulled load-wise.

Finally, I was able to get the new bumper installed.

The before and after photos tell the difference.

Some notes:

Installed a new 200 AMP service alternator.

Reused the lights off the old bumper. In addition, a KC floodlight is located at the winch.

Two Rigid Spots at the A-Pillers.

The bumper lights are on the same switch, the new fog lights (Both KC) now work as designed from the signal/headlight/fog switch.

The A-Piller lights are on a separate switch, the light switches are on the A-Piller below the Electric Locker Rocker Switches.

The install took one day, they literally had to pull all the harnesses out which had been run through the grill. The installer who did this install stated, "Whoever did the previous install was sloppy and should never be around Jeeps." There were critical parts missing from the other bumper. Had I put a full load on the winch (rated 9,500 pounds) it would have ripped the bumper off the Jeep.

And of course the integrated Class III receiver on the bumper below the winch.

IMG_0152.jpg
IMG_0153.jpg

IMG_0156.jpg

The top image is the before, the middle image is the after install, the final image is with all lights turned on.

The set of lights on the bumper, the lights on the bull bar, and the lights above the winch are on the same switch, with the A-Pillers on their own circuit.

All front lights and rear tail and back-up lights are fully LED.

In the middle image, you can see the receiver.

When I have time I will put the bike carrier on the front for a picture along with the bicycle.

For a shop it's normal that one is always better than the other. That is how people are and it's a good thing.
The old one looks better imo but with trimmed side fenders like that, I think a stubby bumper will look best.

Last edited:
I looked for a similar style with the incorporated receiver hitch but none were found and there was no way to modify the old one, not that I would because of the improper installation.

I noticed on your Jeep photo the turn signal mounts on the fenders. Did you add those?

I noticed on your Jeep photo the turn signal mounts on the fenders. Did you add those?

Yeah I did it trying to keep the classic Willys that I had in my high school days.
The G-500 Mercedes Benz have them now too and that is where I got the courage to install one on my JK.

They look like likes you can buy out of an auto store. I ordered the splitter pigtails to tie into the turn signal Really all I have to do now is drill the holes into the steel fenders to mount them. They sell big rig fender LED lights that will work. I do need to have the side blinking LEDs so people can see if I am turning.

With that rearward-facing lights, (bright red) there will be no excuse that they did not see that turn signal activated when I start to change lanes. The forward-facing yellows will help add to safety. More lights the better.

My side marker blinker alternates with the front so they can't miss me at any angle.

I bought this from the G-500 series model.
1591827614841.png

Well folks got my 2018 Wrangler JK Unlimted Sport S, completed for towing and now I have the trailer. I took this photo when it was unhitched, but you can get a general idea; how it looks when connected.

The information link for the T@B 320 S

Trailer is made by Little Guy Trailers.
The trailer has electric brakes and has been fitted with a rear camera system.
Trailer weight when dry about 2500 pounds.

Unlike the one on the information page, it is not on a raised axle. The layout as displayed for the interior is exact. The trailer has an exterior awning that has to be installed and removed before and after use.

Tow Vehicle Modifications:
Galaxy CB Radio SSB unit with modifications.
K&N Cold Air Intake.
Dana 30 Axle with 4.56 Locking on Demand Electrical Locker (Front).
Dana 44 Axle NextGen 4.56 Locking on Demand Electrical Locker (Rear).
7-Point Trailer Connector.
Wireless Braking System Controller.
Trailer Rearview Camera Observation System.

Jeep did very well on bringing it home. I have a hilly driveway which curves slightly as you have to go around the side of the house. I thought perhaps I would have to use the 4-Low side of things for extra grunt to make it up the hill in reverse. Never had and issue.

The dealer was nice enough to put on all brand new tires on the trailer including the spare. It was a consignment sell, and the owner a woman did not use it but once.

View attachment 114954

View attachment 114955
Great looking setup. This is what I am looking to do in the near future. How much room is there inside?

Finally, I got the chance to do a test mount and run with the bike mounted on the FRONT of the Wrangler. I did have to shift it to the left a bit, to even up the bike epicenter. The view from the driver seat gives you an idea of how it is configured. In the driver view, the trailer I tow is on the right side of the photo.

The top and 2nd photo is of the rack folded without a bike.

Took it across a different set of roads and at highway speeds. Solid and stable, got a number of double-takes with the bike riding on the front end.

The 80-pound bike helps "plant" the front end down a bit more, giving a more solid feel to the road. I believe that this will help balance out the rig with the trailer.

I will remove the black storage bags since they obstruct the headlight and signal.

IMG_0162.jpg

IMG_0163.jpg

IMG_0165.jpg

IMG_0168.jpg

I took the black bags off for the test drive. I have good visibility. Because the bike tires are visible I can quickly judge the distance to vehicles ahead.

I have ordered an 18" extension and a dropped 8" double stack to mount the carrier and pull the trailer. It should be coming in on the week of the 15th so I can work on it this coming weekend.

Reactions: Oscar-Mike