My 2018 Wrangler JK Unlimited Sport for Camping Trailer Tow

Ballermaris

JK Enthusiast
Lifetime Supporting Member
Well folks got my 2018 Wrangler JK Unlimted Sport S, completed for towing and now I have the trailer. I took this photo when it was unhitched, but you can get a general idea; how it looks when connected.

The information link for the T@B 320 S

Trailer is made by Little Guy Trailers.
The trailer has electric brakes and has been fitted with a rear camera system.
Trailer weight when dry about 2500 pounds.

Unlike the one on the information page, it is not on a raised axle. The layout as displayed for the interior is exact. The trailer has an exterior awning that has to be installed and removed before and after use.

Tow Vehicle Modifications:
Galaxy CB Radio SSB unit with modifications.
K&N Cold Air Intake.
Dana 30 Axle with 4.56 Locking on Demand Electrical Locker (Front).
Dana 44 Axle NextGen 4.56 Locking on Demand Electrical Locker (Rear).
7-Point Trailer Connector.
Wireless Braking System Controller.
Trailer Rearview Camera Observation System.

Jeep did very well on bringing it home. I have a hilly driveway which curves slightly as you have to go around the side of the house. I thought perhaps I would have to use the 4-Low side of things for extra grunt to make it up the hill in reverse. Never had and issue.

The dealer was nice enough to put on all brand new tires on the trailer including the spare. It was a consignment sell, and the owner a woman did not use it but once.

IMG_0012.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Chris and 417Willyz
That trailer is fantastic. Looks like it packs a lot of punch for such a small space.

What did that set you back if you don't mind me asking?

That trailer is fantastic. Looks like it packs a lot of punch for such a small space.

What did that set you back if you don't mind me asking?
With everything out the door including taxes, $15,000 for the 2016 model. The trailers really hold their value and if you have any additions over time that will enhance things.

Reactions: Chris
With everything out the door including taxes, $15,000 for the 2016 model. The trailers really hold their value and if you have any additions over time that will enhance things.

Not a bad price at all! And being around 2500 lbs., you can obviously tow it without issue. I dig it (y)

Reactions: stephenspake
IMG_0015.jpg

These are the switches I was talking about that are for my Electric Locking Differentials. (Both activated) to show the detail. They will normally remain unlit until activation takes place. The switches have safeties to prevent accidental activation. They are located on the A-Pillar.

Reactions: 417Willyz and Chris
Very cool! I like that you have safeties in place to keep them from being accidentally activated. That seems like a must to me, since you don't want to accidentally hit one when you'd driving down the road and all of a sudden have your locker engage. Seems like that could be catastrophic in the wrong scenario.

Reactions: 417Willyz
Planning my initial trip to Tennesse in the Smokies. There are some Boondocking sites I want to try up there where motorhomes and big 5th wheels fear to tread.

The Smokies are one of my favorite trips by far! If you ever get the chance, head through North Carolina on the tail of the dragon!! unbelievable sights!!! Just watch out for guys on cafe racers; they ride death machines all day long. would be a great ride for Jeeps and Harley's. sliding rock is one of my favorite stops on the tail! Give it some research when your'e bored! And have a safe trip!

As a young child, I would with my family visit Sliding Rock. Was and still is a fun place to do a stop at. Watched one girl lose her bikini bottom while on the way down, and some kid holding it up, "MAMA! What is this?!"

As a young child, I would with my family visit Sliding Rock. Was and still is a fun place to do a stop at. Watched one girl lose her bikini bottom while on the way down, and some kid holding it up, "MAMA! What is this?!"
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I wouldn't forget that for the world!!!! great times at sliding rock! you just have to wear some shorts you plan on destroying! For all that its worth, some great times on the tail!

As some may know, I have been doing mods on my Wrangler to make it an RV friendly Jeep. In my quest to being able to get a bicycle carrier that could be mounted to the front, I went through some hoops.

I did find a hitch that would fit, so I ordered it and when it came in, I went up to have it installed.

The installed shop quickly found a problem, despite the confirmation that there would only be "minor" mods to the Smittybuilt Carbine bumper that was obviously not the case.

In addition, the shop found issues with how that bumper was installed too. Though bolted on, some hardware is missing. Nothing I can do about that since I bought it that way as a used Wrangler.

So what to do about the front end?

Well after some searching, (thank you Google), I quickly located an integrated class 3 receiver on a bumper made by Rockhard.

So I have ordered the new front bumper, $$$$, ugh, but it had to be done. I will have them just transfer the winch over to the new unit and also any reuseable hardware too.

Better to be safe than sorry, I am kicking the poorly installed Smittybuilt to the curb.

I will post pictures when everything comes together.

That's very cool! Post some photos when you get done with it.

What kind of biking do you do?

I'm big into mountain biking, so I recently purchased this 1UP rack for my Wrangler:

I hear really good things about these guys, and I like this rack since it should hold my Trek Rail 7 (which is on the heavier side at around 50 lbs.) and my wife's bike with easy.

That's very cool! Post some photos when you get done with it.

What kind of biking do you do?

I'm big into mountain biking, so I recently purchased this 1UP rack for my Wrangler:

I hear really good things about these guys, and I like this rack since it should hold my Trek Rail 7 (which is on the heavier side at around 50 lbs.) and my wife's bike with easy.

Mountain biking is the reason the trailer I will be building soon will have a hitch mount at the rear.

Was super big into it while in college until I took a nasty dive into a tree at 30mph. Fun times.

0A480CB4-3111-47BF-993A-D63AF86BCCEA.jpeg

• Wow
Well I don't ride Mountain Bikes, but I do want to use a road cruiser for camping and it does have some trail capability but nothing too wild.

The pic below is of my RAD RadWagon Ebike. I just got in the aft platform for it today and will install it later.

It has the ability to go around 50 miles on a charge and has regenerative braking. It is rather fun to ride too. It helps with hills, and keeps the stress off my knees.
IMG_0081.jpg

Mountain biking is the reason the trailer I will be building soon will have a hitch mount at the rear.

Was super big into it while in college until I took a nasty dive into a tree at 30mph. Fun times.

View attachment 115817

Damn, that's intense!

Well I don't ride Mountain Bikes, but I do want to use a road cruiser for camping and it does have some trail capability but nothing too wild.

The pic below is of my RAD RadWagon Ebike. I just got in the aft platform for it today and will install it later.

It has the ability to go around 50 miles on a charge and has regenerative braking. It is rather fun to ride too. It helps with hills, and keeps the stress off my knees.
View attachment 115820

The regenerative braking must be cool! EMTBs don't have that yet that I know of. I love e-bikes though, I'll tell you that. My Trek Rail 7 is an absolute blast to ride, and a hell of a workout too!

Damn, that's intense!

The regenerative braking must be cool! EMTBs don't have that yet that I know of. I love e-bikes though, I'll tell you that. My Trek Rail 7 is an absolute blast to ride, and a hell of a workout too!
Unfortunately regenerative braking isn't coming to eMTBs anytime soon. You need a hub motor to have that feature which really mess up the weight distribution. On a city bike you can get away with it since you aren't constantly making quick maneuvers. But even they are almost all going to BB drive.

Unfortunately regenerative braking isn't coming to eMTBs anytime soon. You need a hub motor to have that feature which really mess up the weight distribution. On a city bike you can get away with it since you aren't constantly making quick maneuvers. But even they are almost all going to BB drive.

Ahhh, that makes perfect sense now that I think about it.

Oh well, my eMTB is a blast even as it is, and to be honest, the range is actually really good. I haven't run out of juice yet, and I've been on some really long rides. On flat surfaces I usually just turn the motor off altogether and pedal. It's a bit more of a workout than a regular not eMTB, but I actually enjoy it for the fitness.