Motor blew up

jaytandr

So waying options do I replace the motor with 3.6 or do a ls swap??? I can do either my self . Want to now if it's worth it to spend the money doing it on resale

So waying options do I replace the motor with 3.6 or do a ls swap??? I can do either my self . Want to now if it's worth it to spend the money doing it on resale
Howdy I just put in a rebuilt Jasper Motor AT 101.000 Miles,
I had some issues last September while on a 5 week trip through New Mexico, COLORADO,Utah and ARIZONA.
Other then having to get a rebuilt at 101,000, I was completely happy with my 3.6 liter and a 488 gearing longarm ARB front Locker still waiting for my Detroit in the rear I'm completely satisfied with the torque add to horsepower she's not set up for sale and I don't really go there much unless it's in the middle of the rock Haven.
Oh and I mustn't forget the long arm kit add a few other odds and ends. I also look into the LS and the ones I was looking at started somewhere around 15,000 so I drop her half a price with her lifetime Nationwide warranty with the Jasper schedule what you doing with it. It's your Ride. I'm happy with the little V6,
They say and I am hard on her. That's what I enjoy doing.
Its cost me but I enjoy her Every Day now that I'm Retired
Enjoy it because when it's over it's over. LOL
DesertHound2012

Reactions: mrjp

What year is your JK? Do you already have the 3.6?

I always say if my Engine goes it wouldn't be a Factory replacement 3.8. A diesel or GM 350 or 4.3. Then I can do away with all the electronics and have a real dependable JK.

Reactions: mrjp
If I was a serious off-roader, I'd go with a diesel. Overland or strictly road traveling, probably a little larger V6.

I drove a new 392 Hemi a couple weeks ago and was very impressed with the power, response, and mileage. You can even set the exhaust noise. But it's a $75k Jeep- and, in my opinion, a Jeep was never meant to be a rich man's ride.

Reactions: mrjp and BLACKJKU
JK gear and gadgets recently did a hemi swap on his youtube channel. At the beginning of the series he goes through the pros and cons of the various options. He did all the work himself and while not a step by step walkthrough it has a ton of good information. At the end he does a price breakdown.

I highly suggest watching the series before taking any action. Here is as link to his channel page, scroll down and find the hemi-swap playlist