Misfire that resets when battery cable pulled

CDNbigfoot

My 2012 JK is running rough and throwing codes. (170,000km)
P0430 - Catalyst Efficiency (Bank 2)
P0152 - O2 sensor Bank 2 sensor 1 Circuit high.
P0300 - multiple cylinder misfire.

Has just started with this code for a first time P258B Electric Vacuum Pump Performance.

Now the Jeep is running extremely rough with a flashing engine light.
Unable to reset the codes with my BlueDriver OBD2 reader so I pulled the battery cable and it temporarily solved all issues, ran great for 200+ kms until I turned off the engine. On warm restart the codes and rough running engine returned. Another battery cable pull and Jeep runs perfect again until it is turned off. Every time I reset the codes it runs fine for a while.

The history of this Jeep is a little complicated.
6 years ago. After blowing a rad in a bad snow storm due to a rock and having to drive a was to get to a safe place engine seriously overheated. Result was a new rad and still disappearing coolant. Heads were determined to be warped or porous and replaced.
4 past years, several times Jeep service has cleaned throttle body, replaced B2/1 O2 sensor and replaced left side head under warranty for "cylinder head issues that result in a loss of compression and subsequent misfires. While it seems to have been a quality control issue, Chrysler is replacing cylinder heads under warranty."
In the last year I have replaced the B2/1 O2 sensor for P0152 and P0302 misfire. Seemed to solve the problem for awhile.

I don't recall if spark plugs have ever been done.
I think I will replace spark plugs and coil packs.
Do I need new Cats and O2 sensors?
I don't understand why it runs perfectly after pulling battery cable to clear the codes.
PCM issue?

Any other suggestions?

Reactions: JK Hell
I do know that when replacing stuff that is engine/electrical make sure it's OEM or for some reason you could have problems.

A problem with the Cats wouldn't go away with a reset. Beings the JK is 9 years old have you ever cleaned all the battery clamps and grounds, inspected the battery cables to make sure there is no corrosion at the connections. I ran a ground from the neg battery post to my alternator to add some extra grounding. The ECM uses a ground to make everything work correctly on the electronics, that is why good clean grounds is important.

Reactions: mrjp
Replaced all O2 sensors, spark plugs and coil packs. All Mopar parts. Has been running great but engine light has come on again. P0152 O2 sensor 2/1 circuit high. Today seemed to be missing again after running great for over a month.

Thanks for the update, glad to hear it has ran good for a month now.

Just in case you want more info,

https://www.engine-codes.com/p0152_jeep.html

According to the 2nd Link it could be a bad harness or connection on the O2.

Reactions: mrjp