Maximus-3 Classic Hoop

ColinD

I installed a Maximus-3 Classic Hoop today and have mixed emotions about it. The hoop itself is solid and looks great but it almost completely blocks the tow hooks. The reviews I read said this was NOT the case and they could fit a strap between the hoop and the tow hook but I'm finding that not to be the case. I can get a D-Ring to fit in the passengers side hook and use that if needed but, because the hook is canted slightly, the drive's side won't fit. I can get the thinnest part of my 18,000 lb strap to fit in the hook and loop it around through the end and use it that way, too. I guess I'm just disappointed that this is an issue, it's easily fixable if the hoop were just tapered in at the base a bit to allow room. Here is a link to the review I read and before and after pics.

Lights are next on my list. Thinking about taking the advice I received on here and starting with an S-Pod.

20201004_132108.jpg

20201004_160044.jpg

From looking at the pictures your tow hook on the right side in picture (drivers side) looks as if the hook is closer to the grill then the one on the other side.

From looking at the pictures your tow hook on the right side in picture (drivers side) looks as if the hook is closer to the grill then the one on the other side.
I think it is the same distance, it's just not at a true 90 degree angle, it's just slightly "twisted" enough that it won't allow the D-Ring pin to align properly when pushed through. I haven't taken any measurements though.