Max tire size for stock 17 wheels Unlimited 4 door

imapokesfan

First timer here. I have a 2018 JK Unlimited with 17 inch stock rims and currently sporting 255s. I have found multiple threads on possibilities of tires but nothing that provides complete clarity. Can I put 275/70/17s on my stock wheels without causing issues with my Jeep. Thank yall in advance for the help

I understand that the Rubis come with an oob lift so tires can be bigger. I currently have 245/70/17 and am looking at the Nitto Grapler 275/70/17s that I believe will give me a more aggressive look without a lift. Do yall see any issues with that. #noob here.

I've got stock 17" wheels off a 2020 Gladiator Rubicon on my 2017 JKU Sahara with no issues, they are 285/70/17. The only issue is on a trail that causes one tire to push up high I will get a tiny rub at FULL lock on the high tire. I would say 70% of the time I never went full lock enough to cause the rub on the sway bar.

For example if if passenger tire low and driver side high, the driver side would rub the sway bar at full lock right but not left and vice versa if passenger side high at full lock left turn only. On the road you'd never know and I have to get pretty articulated off road for it to do it. I've never rubbed a fender, inner liner or front bumper.

My solution was what Wayalife did and I put two thin fender washers under the bolt that hits the knuckle at full turn lock and never rubbed again. I haven't noticed any loss of turning radius either. Very surprised at how just two very thin washers was enough.

ETA: Waited to find take offs from a 2020 Gladiator because 2020 was the last year the JT and JL TPMS mated with the JK.

I used JL wheels and the 285/70-17's on our 2015 Rubicon w/o a lift.
I had to install spacers on the bolts are the stops as at full lock I was getting a slight rub on the sway bar.
Adding the spacers reduces the turning rotation SLIGHTLY, but not enough to be an issue in normal driving conditions.