Mail Jeep lift questions

Bulldog 1960

Want to replace front springs on 2009 jk will3.5 in lift raise body need something better then stock hangs to the right since it’s a mail truck need advice

Going to a 3.5 lift will be expensive in order to have it done correctly, so don't cheap out on a Kit or you could pay more later.

You'll need adjustable control arms, shocks, adjustable track bars front and rear.

Reactions: mrjp and BigAL07
Going to a 3.5 lift will be expensive in order to have it done correctly, so don't cheap out on a Kit or you could pay more later.

You'll need adjustable control arms, shocks, adjustable track bars front and rear.
Thanks how about 2 in springs

Reactions: mrjp
I would really look into the changes that are made to make the jeep right hand drive. Some things are going to be the same, but many steering related items will be backwards. You may or may not be able to just flip the component. There were a ton of other things that were surprisingly different.

I had a Rhd for a bit and there were a number of things that were different. Some you would think of, side mirrors for example are a different component.
I never did a lift, the steering components may make it a nightmare.

Windshield wipers are also backward. You are essentially stuck with the most basic, as the nice ones are all designed for the wind to help hold them on the glass. However in a RHD, they work the opposite.

Bit hard to follow your post in what you intend to do, were you originally talking about a 3" body lift?

I would say don't go above a 2.5" suspension lift, beyond that it gets very expensive as mentioned. It would be easier to give advice if we knew your goal for the lift. Are you looking at going off-road or is this more for looks? What do you want to do with your jeep?

Want to replace front springs on 2009 jk will3.5 in lift raise body need something better then stock hangs to the right since it’s a mail truck need advice
If it's right-hand drive, I would suggest checking out Australian or UK off roading groups. They are all right-hand drive, except perhaps the mail Jeeps ;-). They may be different, but it seems silly for Jeep to have designed distinct RHD systems, one for US Mail, and one for the rest of the planet that drives on the wrong side. Worth look any way.

Reactions: BigAL07 and mrjp
If it's right-hand drive, I would suggest checking out Australian or UK off roading groups. They are all right-hand drive, except perhaps the mail Jeeps ;-). They may be different, but it seems silly for Jeep to have designed distinct RHD systems, one for US Mail, and one for the rest of the planet that drives on the wrong side. Worth look any way.
It is certainly worth a look. I know there are some differences between US market RHD models and overseas variants, however from what I remember it was more to do with various regulations that are country dependent. I believe, however that most of the mechanical parts are the same. The JL RHD didn't come out in the US until after the UK and Australia markets demand came down a bit. I think around the 2020 model year.

Reactions: Duster