Looking for radiator cover suggestions for 2018 JK Sahara

Tom_H

Supporting Member
We recently purchased a 2018 4 door Wrangler J/K Sahara.

I think I should get some kind of Radiator / Grill screen or cover to protect from rock/road/debris damage when on the highway.

I have seen individual screens for each open section in the grill and full screens that fit inside the engine compartment but in front of the radiators.

Does anyone have any advice/suggestion from your radiator/grill experience ?

Thank-you in advance,

Tom
Flint/Lansing Mi

Xprite makes some nice perforated radiator protectors. Coated AL I think. Under $50, very easy install. Seen them with the US flag, got mine in red for Canada.
P1010204.JPG

My thoughts are, if a rock or debris can put a hole in the windshield it can probably do the same or similar to the radiator.

Good tip on the tool "radiator comb"... for the price, it is a good tool to just have around just in case (for any vehicle).

If your winters are like mine, all sorts of nasty stuff is going to assault your radiator ( I have no AC, this ain't no AZ ) at highway speeds. Stones, dirt, salt, chunks of ice from transports, like that stuff that builds under the wheel wells, and you need a bat and safety glasses to nock it off. And I guess if it was brutal hot out, I would keep the screen off for max air flow.

The quadratec is definitely a better application for hotter climates, more air flow over the condenser and radiator to dissipate heat. Sunny cool fall day here today, I can finally take my wings off, and not sun fry my head, or get assaulted by blood thirsty biting bugs. Going to stay on the main country roads, I here a lot of shooting in the bush today. Wabbit and barr season.