Looking for ideas on how to get roof rack wiring lights through hardtop

OscarMike4Reeds

Looking for ideas on how to get my wiring from my roof rack lights in through the hard top. Thank you in advance.

image.jpg

Reactions: Oscar-Mike
Are you oppose to drilling it? I think that might be the only way. Drill a small hole and put a grommet around it.

Of course the next owner is going to hate you (if I was buying a used JK with a hole in the hardtop, I'd be pissed off at the previous owner too).

How long is that cable? Can you go down the back and up under the back of the Jeep? If you can then make it so you can remove it when not needed so no one messes with it when the vehicle is unattended.

Have you looked at routing the cable through an area that may have some cabling or other support services going through it?

Maybe a bit old topic but I'm in the exact same situation : Rhino rack pioneer roof rack and looking for ideas on how to wire roof rack lights (back and lateral)

I'm not necessary against drilling the hard top as drilled already to mount the roof rack and the TrailRax PackRax kit. So if I have to drill it again :eek: I just would like to be sure doing it the right way and in the right place :)

Any other wiring ideas would be more than welcome :)

@OscarMike4Reeds
How did finally managed it ? did you drill the hard top at the end ?

Maybe a bit old topic but I'm in the exact same situation : Rhino rack pioneer roof rack and looking for ideas on how to wire roof rack lights (back and lateral)

I'm not necessary against drilling the hard top as drilled already to mount the roof rack and the TrailRax PackRax kit. So if I have to drill it again :eek: I just would like to be sure doing it the right way and in the right place :)

Any other wiring ideas would be more than welcome :)

@OscarMike4Reeds
How did finally managed it ? did you drill the hard top at the end ?
Brad from Trailrecon had this exact rack on his JK at one time. I forget the connector they used, but it was a really nice clean install. Maybe go on his youtube channel and search Rhino rack install or something similar

Thanks guys!

@IndominusHuman
Brad mentionned in his video that "(he) will be tightening things up later and drilling out the roof and adding a marine grade 12 volt connection after I make some final adjustments to the light mounts".
However, he never came back on how he finally wired everything through the hard top.... (Despite few comments in YouTube of people asking him for an update)

@ Anybodyhome
I love the way how the wiring was done through the roof rack. Will definitely try to do it that way with my Pioneer.
However the most important detail I was looking after wasn't mentioned in the video : how wiring was done through the hard top ;)

So I keep investigating :)