Looking for a rear bumper with tire carrier

RD1

Supporting Member
I am looking for a new rear bumper for my 2017 sport. I bought a Barricade Trail Force HD Full length but have had nothing but trouble with it. First after a few months it could hardly be opened or closed, it took two hands pulling and pushing on it to open and close. they did not put any grease fittings on the swing arm so I removed the swing are drilled and taped it to install a couple of grease fittings, fixed that problem. Next problem is the handle, it rattles like heck just driving down the road. The way it is made, the aluminum handle slides in the square tubing with a couple of bolts thru it. With this set up even if you tighten the bolts up it doesn't help. They go thru the steel tubing and the aluminum handle sets inside that and is a loose fit. Now the third and final issue is that the swing arm is bending down. It has bent so much that the driver side doesn't even hit the rubber tail gate stopper. The passenger side is hitting about half way. When I called Extreme Terrain, where i purchased it from on 7-18-17, said they couldn't do anything to help. Their advice was to just bend it back. Anybody knows that just bend it back it will fix the problem and it will just bend down again even quicker. The metal where the swing are attaches to the bumper is to thin to handle the weight. It said it could handle a 37" tire, I only have a 35". I was looking at the LOD Destroyer, has anybody had any experience with it? I am looking for something that I can carry my 35" tire and attach a high lift to. Want a receiver for a usable hitch also. The LOD is expensive so if you know of another brand that is good I would be interested in looking at. Also according to Quadratec the LOD carries a lifetime warranty with a one year on paint. The other question I have is a few of them including LOD swings with the tail gate. I know the weight is carried by the bumper but how is the wear and tear on the tailgate? PS I would stay away from Barricade bumpers and Extreme Terrain they do not make a quality product plus they don't stand behind their products

I have a Havoc Offroad Aftershock bumper/ tire carrier. It was around $700. Their customer service has sucked during Covid, but I bought through quadratec. It's got a spot for a hi-lift Jack and brackets for cube lights.

The only rear bumper with a tire carrier I would ever run is AEV. It's very high quality, the design is excellent, and their customer service is top notch (y)

Barricade (which is just rebranded Smittybilt) is cheap, Chiense shit in every sense of the word.

Not to mention Extreme Terrain is terrible to deal with in my experience.

I have a Havoc Offroad Aftershock bumper/ tire carrier. It was around $700. Their customer service has sucked during Covid, but I bought through quadratec. It's got a spot for a hi-lift Jack and brackets for cube lights.
Have you had any problem with squeaks and rattles? Been looking at some reviews and sever have complained about noise

Have you had any squeaks or rattles? Some reviews I have seen complain about the noise

I have noticed some rattles and actually re- tightened everything this morning with it being quiet again. Hopefully it's not a repeating issue.

I inherited a Teraflex HD carrier on my JKU and I had a couple issues with rattles and shakes right after I bought the vehicle, but once I took it apart and realized someone had changed a couple bolts with the incorrect size and a couple other issues, it performed flawlessly for 4 years.
Within the last couple months it has become very difficult to open and close and I detailed this in another thread somewhere. The Teraflex does not have zerk fittings and I plan on taking the entire this apart and will attempt to pound out the hinge pins and do some work, including resurfacing the hinge pins and installing zerks. Haven't made the time with the extreme heat indexes in the 105 range for the last few weeks, but as soon as it happens, I'll be sure to let everyone know.