Looking for a Jeep

Curt

Hi everyone.

I'm looking to buy a jeep wrangler. would like some help.
I'm not looking for a unlimited, just regular jeep.
i'm thinking about 2012-2017 model but more 2013-2017 for better seats, automatic, stock (hardtop but will go with soft top) between 15,000 to 20,000 dollars (will go a little higher for right color)
what year is best to look for? what problems do they have?
The older model jeeps were prone to rust how are the JK models?

Thanks Curt

Hi everyone.

I'm looking to buy a jeep wrangler. would like some help.
I'm not looking for a unlimited, just regular jeep.
i'm thinking about 2012-2017 model but more 2013-2017 for better seats, automatic, stock (hardtop but will go with soft top) between 15,000 to 20,000 dollars (will go a little higher for right color)
what year is best to look for? what problems do they have?
The older model jeeps were prone to rust how are the JK models?

Thanks Curt
Those are great questions, all depends on your life style.
I would say hangout around people with JK for a while and learn from them.

The newer the better. That being said, if you could get a 2017 to 2018 that would be awesome, but otherwise I would personally look for 2013-2018.

All Jeep Wranglers (regardless of year) are prone to serious rust issues if you live in an area where they salt the roads (and drive it during the winter). Be very, very cautious when buying one and make sure to have a PPI done where they inspect the underside thoroughly.

Other than that there aren't too many issues. The 2012 models had cylinder head issues, and they are known for electronic issues sometimes (all of them), but usually it's nothing major.

Thanks Chris
looking at a 2016 sport with 58,000 miles (new tires) for $21,000 private seller. i think that price is high. thinking more like $18,500