Line linkage bushing won't go in

Phil Mcrevice

I have the apparently infamous “my line linkage bushing disintegrated” issue with my JK.

The issue Is on the transmission end of the linkage. I ordered a replacement bushing but it absolutely will not attach to the link arm. Snaps on to the trans very easily though.

Any tips on how to get it through the arm? Will grease work? (I’m afraid it'll also slide off easily if I do) it’s such a small space to squeeze into and I’d rather not pull the entire linkage.

For reference, part I ordered is Here

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
There was someone else that had to replace them and I think they used some channel lock pliers, i've also used them to push the ends into the bushings. Some wd40 or oil would also help.

There was someone else that had to replace them and I think they used some channel lock pliers, i've also used them to push the ends into the bushings. Some wd40 or oil would also help.
I can barely fit my hand in so I’m not sure channel lock pliers will work, but I’ll give the wd40 a try.

That's why a pair of channel locks will work better then your hand they are longer and skinnier.