Lightening

Cooper

I bought a 2011 Jeep Jk with known issues...I put new heads on it ..plugs.. wires..tstat.. temp sensor..

Got it all back together and I started getting the lightening bolt on dash

Never got it before heads were removed so I'm sure it's something I did

Checked intake...all vacuum hoses..checked wire harness...did idle relearn 50 times...even bought new throttle body...still getting display

If you let the Jeep idle, the display comes on in about 3 minutes, if you take right off it takes about 15 to 20 minutes to come on.

Shut the Jeep off and restart it and the entire sequence starts again

No throttle position sensor code...no air intake sensor code..

Not sure what else to do
Any help would be appreciated!

Is this the reset your doing? It worked for me when I got the lightning bolt after replacing my Throttle Body.

Yes. I did that procedure 30 times...no luck

I know the first time I did it didn't work and I think I did it either faster or slower again and no problems 3 years now. Did you use OEM plugs and wires, I know there has been some problems in the past if they weren't used.

Reactions: BigAL07
I used aftermarket plugs and wires...not a big fan of OEM....im thinking it's a vacuum or air flow issue issue because if you let it idle...its comes on in 3 to 4 minutes....if you drive it right away it takes 15 to 20 minutes to kick on

The Lightening Bolt indicates a problem with the electronic throttle control. Are you getting a check engine light? Your gas pedal and the throttle connection are managed electronically, instead of through a cable connection like older vehicles. Theoretically, it saves fuel for the lead footed. If it keeps coming back, the linkage from your gas pedal to the throttle may need to be looked at.

Reactions: BLACKJKU
The Lightening Bolt indicates a problem with the electronic throttle control. Are you getting a check engine light? Your gas pedal and the throttle connection are managed electronically, instead of through a cable connection like older vehicles. Theoretically, it saves fuel for the lead footed. If it keeps coming back, the linkage from your gas pedal to the throttle may need to be looked at.

That's what I was thinking because that's the only time I had it.

Reactions: Duster
We have a bolt that will lighten our Jeeps? Why didn't I hear about this sooner?

I'll be back. I'm going to go find it and crank it out till the JKUR loses about 3,000 pounds.