Life Expectancy of 2013 Jeep

willyt

Thank you all in advance - I'm a member of the TJ group and they have been great helping me with my 97 jeep.

Last month I bought a jeep from a guy in Tampa Florida. I've had several jeeps from 1948 to 1997 but I'm not familiar with the 2013 model and have some questions. So this Jeep is a 2013 Unlimited Sport model with a 3.6L Pentastar V6 and auto trans. It has 240,000 miles on it but runs surprisingly strong and shifts smooth. Before I bought it the previous owner said it had been stalling unexpectedly with no codes and his wife no longer wanted to drive it. A local shop replaced the fuel pump and that seemed to fix the problem. Apparently when they replaced the fuel tank they broke off one of the plastic emission nipples and tried to repair it with epoxy and an insert. There is a small leak emissions warning now - the previous owner said it only showed up after the fuel pump replacement. He didn't want to take it back to that shop because he thought they were a bunch of hacks is the story. Any advice on what I should do about the emissions warning - one shop said I needed a new fuel tank because the vent part is not sold separately / can't be fixed. I've cleared the code with my scanner but it comes back.

Another issue is that it takes forever to fuel up at the gas station because the tank keeps "burping". The filler hose does not look twisted or bent from what I can see so I'm not sure what course of action to take here? This problem started after the fuel pump replacement.

There is an oil leak coming from the top of the engine - I suspect the plastic oil filter housing I've read about is the culprit - oil pressure sensor is stuck open too and throwing a code. Is the Dorman aluminum housing the one I should get to replace the assembly?

The antenna doesn't seem like it is connected to the radio - I get only static. Is this at all a common problem?

There is some minor surface rust and a few small areas of concern but it's not that bad considering it's lived near the ocean. Frame and frame mounts look good overall. Any action I should take to stop the rust and treat what's there? I've seen shops offering a rust treatment service - not sure if that's worth it or legit? I'd do it myself but seems like a messy job if done right and I don't need any more iron in my diet, hair and face. ;-)

How many miles can I expect to get out of this engine/trans? I only paid $7200 so I have some cash to work with. Thank you all so much for reading this and your guidance. I have a lot of work ahead of me and want to take care of this vehicle as best I can. Love Jeeps!