LED Tail Light Recomendation

15' JK 4 Me

Going to upgrade the tail lights on my 15' JK. Looking for LED recommendations, I see they range in price from under $100 on Amazon to over $300. Quality is important, want them bright. Also, anybody have sequential lights, I think they would be cool. TIA

Last edited:
Do not do just standard bulbs. Beyond that I can't help. I dug for quite awhile and I came to the conclusion that I was uncomfortable bypassing the hyperflashing that a burned out bulb causes.

I've never seen any that are actually brighter than stock, or there is no difference between marker lights and brakes lights in brightness. I'm sure some of the very pricey ones from known manufacturers would be fine, but stay away from the crap Amazon sells. You can get away with cheap LED headlights, but rear brake/turn markers would be dangerous.

Reactions: Lxxtsy and mrjp
My JW Speaker LED's are certainly brighter than stock brake lights, no doubt. Running lights are about the same. The backup lights seem brighter, but are more directional so they don't light up the ground behind me (important for me since I use my BU camera at night - 35" spare covers my field of vision). To overcome that when I'm out on the trail/camping, I installed some back up lights/flood lights that can be switched to either trigger when I put it in reverse or used independently. That would be my only gripe about JWS. To be fair, the person behind me can certainly see the bu lights and they are bright from that angle.

My JWS have the circuit built in to draw enough current to not trigger the burned out bulb notice. Haven't had any issues with them. I've seen the sequential lights on the street, but they aren't my cup of tea.

Do not do just standard Led bulbs. Beyond that I can't help. I dug for quite awhile and I came to the conclusion that I was uncomfortable bypassing the hyperflashing that a burned out bulb causes.

I've never seen any that are actually brighter than stock, or there is no difference between marker lights and brakes lights in brightness. I'm sure some of the very pricey ones from known manufacturers would be fine, but stay away from the crap Amazon sells. You can get away with cheap LED headlights, but rear brake/turn markers would be dangerous.

Changing the first line. I made it sound like I was against standard bulbs. My meaning was the LED replacement bulbs. They are bad and should not be used.

I have xspirit (I think thats how it's spelled), I have no issues with them really, maybe slightly brighter than stock.
Was thinking of adding a pod and wiring it to the brake light wiring for backup lighting.

20200828_151157.jpg