LED 3rd brake light wiring

Tahdi

I am installing a LED brake light that mounts behind the spare. It wires in to the power for the trailer plug. What route did you run the wire? Thanks

I personally dont have a 3rd light. But for other wires that ive ran was for my license plate light. I ran the wire through the tailgate vent housing and then routed it to the passenger side of the tailgate, following the existing wire loom. Then made a hole to run the wire at the bottom of the tub to the trailer wire connector.

Reactions: Tahdi
I have the third light brake that came with the Wrangler, and the wire follows the wiring point through a rubber type of gasket on the right side of the Jeep. The wiring route is similar for the Alpine Backup camera that I have, which is nice since that 35" spare obstructs the rear. It comes on with the reverse lights but also can be switched on from the Alpine X409 Control Panel too. Once inside the body of the Jeep, follow the right side tail light wiring to the trailer connector.

Thanks!

I personally dont have a 3rd light. But for other wires that ive ran was for my license plate light. I ran the wire through the tailgate vent housing and then routed it to the passenger side of the tailgate, following the existing wire loom. Then made a hole to run the wire at the bottom of the tub to the trailer wire connector.

Reactions: Sidechickbuiltjk
I cut off the OEM third light at its base, and used its wiring, some solder and heat shrink tubing for my LED spare wheel light. It looks real Cherry, but I never get to view it because I am driving.