Land Between the Lakes

Wcampbell40

I joined Pennyrile Off Road for a trip to Land Between the Lakes last weekend. We did about 26 miles and all of it but about 2 miles was on dirt! Probably the most fun I've ever had during an off road day trip.

IMG_20210228_165039_620.jpg

IMG_20210228_165039_621.jpg

FB_IMG_1614516550671.jpg

It's in Kentucky and Tennessee. All of the trails we ran that day were in Kentucky though. It was my first time there but I'm taking the family back at the end of the month.

Reactions: mrjp
It only takes me about 2 hours to get to the northern edge of it. We're going to "overland" it for spring break. I think if you had time to take a long weekend it would probably be worth the trip down.

It only takes me about 2 hours to get to the northern edge of it. We're going to "overland" it for spring break. I think if you had time to take a long weekend it would probably be worth the trip down.

I live at the northern part of the state so it'll be at least 5 hrs, it would have to be a 3 day thing for me.

Nice area. I’m about 2 hrs away from it. If you have the time while there great fishing near Barkley Dam.

Was this an organized ride or did you just happen to meet up with a while bunch of other folks while out there? Looks like a blast and not too far from Cincinnati!

It was an organized ride that was hosted by Pennyrile Off Roaders. It is a facebook group. They just did 3 days on the Daniel Boone Backcountry Byway last weekend too. It is a pretty active group. You should look them up if you're on Facebook.

Was this an organized ride or did you just happen to meet up with a while bunch of other folks while out there? Looks like a blast and not too far from Cincinnati!
It was an organized ride that was hosted by Pennyrile Off Roaders. It is a facebook group. They just did 3 days on the Daniel Boone Backcountry Byway last weekend too. It is a pretty active group. You should look them up if you're on Facebook.
Excellent! Thanks for the info.

You're welcome. This is the only ride I've done with them but everyone I met was extremely friendly and welcoming. I would definitely suggest joining them for rides if you can. I plan to do more with the group in the future.

Sorry for thread jacking, but it sounds like you had a fabulous time. And it sounds like they were pretty receptive to new people. Do you feel this is typical Jeep culture? Totally new to owning a Jeep, bought one to flat tow behind our motorhome. My husband and I are both semi-pro mountain bike racers so we are definitely adventurous, trail type people. Not sure how to find out more on how to actually "drive/negotiate" some of the stuff out there.

Sorry for thread jacking, but it sounds like you had a fabulous time. And it sounds like they were pretty receptive to new people. Do you feel this is typical Jeep culture? Totally new to owning a Jeep, bought one to flat tow behind our motorhome. My husband and I are both semi-pro mountain bike racers so we are definitely adventurous, trail type people. Not sure how to find out more on how to actually "drive/negotiate" some of the stuff out there.
This group was definitely receptive and yes it does seem like the norm in jeep culture. My norm is going offroad solo with just my 2 sons in the backseat so when I do a group ride I rarely know anyone else in the group. I don't remember a time that I did not feel welcomed by a group that I met up with for a ride.

Reactions: BLACKJKU
This group was definitely receptive and yes it does seem like the norm in jeep culture. My norm is going offroad solo with just my 2 sons in the backseat so when I do a group ride I rarely know anyone else in the group. I don't remember a time that I did not feel welcomed by a group that I met up with for a ride.
Perfect! We've joined the Cincinnati Jeep pages, hopefully we'll get to do one of these sometime soon!

Did the Pennyrile Off Roaders group close down their group?