Knock on start up

br4inbl4st

Hey everybody. I own a 2007 4 door with almost 160k mikes on it. On cold starts or after it’s sat maybe a couple hours I’ll get this weird knock. I can’t tell exactly where it’s coming from. But it’ll be very rapid, last for about 2-3 seconds and then stop. I’ve owned it for nearly a year and a half and put almost 20k miles on it and this is the first noise I’ve heard that shouldn’t be there short of a minor exhaust leak I gotta get fixed. Any ideas on what it could be? Any and all help is appreciated, thank you!

Sounds like possible lifter tick.

I'm not usually a fan of additives whatsoever, but this stuff seemingly works wonders for lifter ticks:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0725JQXKS/?tag=jkforum-20

I didn't believe it until I tried it.
My family uses this as well, I use it on my jeep and my dad even uses it on his corvettes. It seems to help a little, and even if its just placebo, it doesn't hurt.

My family uses this as well, I use it on my jeep and my dad even uses it on his corvettes. It seems to help a little, and even if its just placebo, it doesn't hurt.

I agree. On my 4.0 TJ it got rid of the tick completely. Coincidence? Maybe. However, the tick never came back.