Just lost my Jeep for 4 days

Twisted289

So I've had this smell of oil burning for a month or 2. When getting my oil changed I was clear to my buddy at his shop that my oil housing/cooler was replaced at the dealer because they cracked it at 31,183 miles and wanted them to be careful with it. I now had 35,900 miles on it. They call me in the garage before doing anything to show me oil under the bell housing where 2 rubber plugs w weep holes were. He thought it might be rear main seal but I thought it was residual leftover from the housing/cooler replacement. I brought it to the dealer and they wanted $145 to just look at the rear main and see if it was leaking, I passed and said I'll clean it. I cleaned thoroughly into bell housing and didn't see oil from rear main seal at all over the next couple of weeks but still saw oil coming down passenger side of bell housing. I brought to the dealer and they said either its rear main or upper oil pan gasket. Either way it sucks, transmission has to come out. Thankfully this is covered by the Jeep Certified Warranty. Ah :poop: this sucks!!!

• Wow
Reactions: Chris
Update: I stopped by the dealer to get my bag of tools out of my Jeep. Transmission was out, rear main seal not leaking, looks to be upper oil pan gasket. They are replacing both as a matter of precaution. Still wont get it back til Wednesday.

UPDATE: Jeep is home and so far no leaks. Of course I went away right after i got it back so I will have to keep an eye on it when I get home. I have to say, The dealer was great to work with. From Paul the Service writer to Brian the mechanic. They even sent me pics of the progress. If your in the Central NJ area, Freehold Jeep is definitely where to go for service. A+ all around.

Resized_20200225_195908.jpg

Resized_20200225_195913.jpg

Resized_20200225_195940.jpg

Resized_20200225_200005.jpg

Resized_20200225_200028.jpg

I hope this solves your issue, and most importantly, thanks for the update!

The fact that the dealer was this good in regards to the communication is fantastic. I would leave them a great review on Google (and anywhere else). It's very hard to find good service these days, and it sounds like this dealership truly values their customers!