JScan disconnects from Bluetooth when using Pandora

A2112Priest

Supporting Member
Hey Jeepers,
SO, it appears that there is a bug with JSCAN... If you use Pandora it disconnects the JSCAN or will not allow it to connect. Has anyone heard of this? I am currently experiencing this issue. I prefer to keep the plug in ...well...plugged in ... all the time. Advisable or not? What plug in seems to be most popular (reliable).

I leave my Vgate iCar Pro plugged in all the time and I've not had any connection problems, but I don't use Pandora in the JK.

I would guess it could be a matter of bandwidth- one or both of the apps use so much that it's an either/or compromise?

Reactions: mrjp
Thx @Anybodyhome . I agree but something has changed...This is a fairly recent development. Prior to the JK, I had a 2007 Tundra 4X4 that I ran all the time and with Pandora...someone's update doesn't like the other! LOL...I'll try disconnecting Pandora and try that again...

Personally, I wouldn't leave it plugged in all the time. That's an always on wireless connection to your vehicle. Modern BT is definitely more secure than past versions, but it's still possible that it could be hacked. I don't know why anyone would, but who knows, lol. I'm an IT guy, so I'm more paranoid about such things, I guess.

T

Reactions: JerryD and mrjp
Personally, I wouldn't leave it plugged in all the time. That's an always on wireless connection to your vehicle. Modern BT is definitely more secure than past versions, but it's still possible that it could be hacked. I don't know why anyone would, but who knows, lol. I'm an IT guy, so I'm more paranoid about such things, I guess.

T
Good point...I'm trying to setup a home network and learning a lot more about security- digital security !

@Chris , I'm not using that interface....not yet. About to order it though since it seems to be the GOTO device. Currently using this one; https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005NLQAHS/?tag=jkforum-20

My concern is the issue of interruption due to Pandora usage...weird that Pandora will interfere with the device or JSCAN app...

I'd bring it to the attention of the developer. I've messaged him before about bugs I have found with the app and he is super responsive. I'm impressed with how quickly fixed the bugs.

I have the obdlink usb version and can plug it directly into my android head unit because if BT insecurity (I work in IT in the financial sector). I haven't driven much since I bought it Feb 2020, though :)

@A2112Priest, 45 years ago yesterday Rush released that album. Dang. ;)