JL Bumper and Airbag Sensor Question

wtxrider

As the bumper on my 09 is just beat, no amount of AmourAll or any trim treatment is working, and the lens of my factory fogs are sooo bad, I bought a JL bumper with lights for a great price.
I picked it up this morning and it is the back of the jeep now, and after driving it a few minutes, the airbag came on, went off, came back on.
I can imagine that with 227k miles on a 13 year old JK, I could be experiencing an airbag issue, but since is only started once I put the JL bumper in the back, is there any sensor on that new bumper that would be causing a problem that would result in the airbag light coming on?

I am not in a spot where I can take the bumper out and drive around, that will have to wait till after work.
Thanks.

Front bumper yes.
Rear bumper no.
Please note that the wiring connector for the JL factory fog lights are not the same as the JK, fortunately for me, the previous owner cut the wiring harness on the one I bought, otherwise, I guess you have to source new connections to splice into the Jk factory harness.

Had my clockspring done under recall, my horn has been wonky ever since. I have no other controls on the wheel (2010 base). Pulled the fuse, the Deer and Moose do not get out of the way here when you honk anyway. I still have not done the passenger air bag recall, they will mess something else up. Have the airbag fuse popped up because my road is so rough and I drive mental. LOL

Reactions: mrjp