JKU vibrations at red light

Andywy

Dont own a jk, test drove a 2018 jku cause want an offroad/snow/winter suv and the experience i had at every stop/redlight if i didnt put it in neutral the vibration was too much to be normal for any car ive ever drove ever. Feels worse than atv. Is this normal?

And 2nd, i drove it down a road with uneven pavement ive been down countless times in my loaded work van with 200k on it, and my dodge challenger and it was body rolling left and right pretty bad, didnt realize that road was so uneven till the wrangler went over it, maybe i wont drive 100 on it with my challenger anymore haha. Is this normal as well?

The body roll may be bump steer? If so, i would say this is normal for stock Jeep if hitting it hard.

The vibration...not normal. I have a 17 Rubicon and have zero vibration, especially when sitting at a light.

Was it modified in any way? Lift, bigger tires, etc?

That vibration isn't normal, but to be experiencing that on a 2018 tells me the vehicle either wasn't stock, or something was wrong with it.

The other issue you're describing sounds like an alignment issue, body roll issue, or the symptom of a poor lift / steering install.

Can you tell us what all was modified on this JK?

The body roll may be bump steer? If so, i would say this is normal for stock Jeep if hitting it hard.

The vibration...not normal. I have a 17 Rubicon and have zero vibration, especially when sitting at a light.

Interesting, so ive got to give ger another go with a next jk. As far as i know its stock. Should be a formal rental

Heres the car here. Looks stock to me

Screenshot_20191106-140718_Samsung Internet.jpg

It does indeed look stock.

However, something is wrong with it if it's really doing what you said it did on the test drive.

Go drive another one and compare it. What you described is NOT NORMAL for a completely stock JKU, not by a long shot.

Thanks guys i really appreciate the help, and who knows maybe this JKU was in an accident or its been jumped on a trail or something who knows.
Just glad you didnt pull the trigger on that one. I also think for that price you can get a way better Jeep than one with vibrations. lol

Thanks guys i really appreciate the help, and who knows maybe this JKU was in an accident or its been jumped on a trail or something who knows.

That's what I'm thinking, perhaps it's been in an accident and it wasn't repaired correctly.