JKs, Sunriders, and Car Washes

ctu5000

Hey Y'all...
Quick question for anybody out there with a JK that has a black twill Bestop Sunrider...

--How well does the Sunrider stand up to going through a car wash? I'm not concerned too much about water leaking in. But has anyone had any issues with the suds/soapy water not rinsing off the twill thoroughly? Or any problem with the "rinse agent" that is usually the last thing sprayed on the vehicle messing up the fabric?

Thanks!

It’s not the top itself I worry about it’s the windows. Afraid they will get scratched. I just hand wash.

I run mine through a touchless all the time. The chemicals are not as harsh as the sun and salt spread in the winter.

I would never use the brush ones with any vehicle, soft top or not. Touchless is fine for soft tops. Though rare is the car wash that does a good job behind the spare tire. Used to have a good one here that that got 'upgraded' and now it's a waste of money.

Reactions: mrjp
I would never use the brush ones with any vehicle, soft top or not. Touchless is fine for soft tops. Though rare is the car wash that does a good job behind the spare tire. Used to have a good one here that that got 'upgraded' and now it's a waste of money.
Usually how it goes.