Jeep has been vibrating when just sitting in park and when backing up

Mods that have been done
3 in lift
Anti rock sway bar
Billstein shocks
Wheel spacers 1.5
Cold air intake
has 98736 miles

Can you see the engine vibrate when you open the hood?
And, did it do this before the mods or has it become more noticeable since the mods?

Can you see the engine vibrate when you open the hood?
And, did it do this before the mods or has it become more noticeable since the mods?
I haven't checked the bolts and then I've noticed it since I had the check engine light checked a check engine light came on saying that my O2 sensor is bad so it's been really bad before I found that out and now it's getting worse

Just a thought- open the hood and prop it. Clear the code, start the engine with the hood propped and see if you get the same CEL.
Thinking the vibration and O2 sensor CEL might be the hood insulation trying to get sucked by the air intake. And, the vibration may be the insulation flapping around under the hood.

And, my 2 cents- cold air intakes are nothing more than a cool looking gadget that really does nothing to improve performance or mileage.

Knock on wood, but I have done nothing to the engine on my '14 Sahara and 130k miles later, the only code it's ever thrown was when the t-stat went bad and stuck open. Watch, it'll probably poo the bed as soon as I start it this morning...... :cry:

Last edited:
Reactions: BigAL07