JK to 5.7 Hemi guidance

JK-

My buddy is a farmer and he has a 2014 Dodge Ram 4x4 that was totaled from his son hitting it with the combine.

He has been letting it sit the last year so I asked if he would sell it to me, He said if I get rid of it for him I can have it, title and all.

Problem I have is I can’t leave the truck in my driveway/yard un registered for more than 30 days and it will not fit in my garage, to much junk lol.

So what should I take off this thing so I can do the swap without buying stuff that I already have in this truck.

Of course engine, trans and transfer case, computer and harness.

Anything else???

And yes it starts and moves, big body damage is what happened when he hit it

Reactions: mrjp
Front and rear driveshafts, radiator if you can make it fit. Exhaust and sensors, maybe you can make the exhaust fit. Fuel pump from the fuel tank, and the wiring to it.

Also since it's a 2014 it has a TIPM which i'm not sure if it's needed for the engine.

Reactions: mrjp and JeepJeezy
Good call on fuel pump and exhaust!

That driveline is to long for the JKU isn’t it??
Front and rear driveshafts, radiator if you can make it fit. Exhaust and sensors, maybe you can make the exhaust fit. Fuel pump from the fuel tank, and the wiring to it.

Also since it's a 2014 it has a TIPM which i'm not sure if it's needed for the engine.

Good call on fuel pump and exhaust!

That driveline is to long for the JKU isn’t it??

Yes the shafts won't be right on the ends for the Jeep axles but you can have them cut down with the correct ends from the Jeeps axles maybe. Beleive me driveshafts are expensive I've done 2 Diesel Conversions and had to have DS's made.

Reactions: mrjp and JeepJeezy