JK going into worse than limp mode

Sausage 1962

2009 Wrangler JK with under 40,000 miles. After it gets hot, starts mis firing. Can't accelerate and eventually leaves me stranded. Once it cools down, I can get roughly 20 miles and it does it again. Brand new OEM Crankshaft sensor and camshaft sensor. Sometimes I get a check engine light and some times I don't. Gives 3 different codes about running lean. Please help!

I’m betting on a wire harness issue similar to what I had to fix on our 2015.
Wires at the oil pressure sensor were poorly insulated from the heat & it eventually turned the wire insulation to dust, exposing the conductors to short out at will.
It happened randomly & regularly.
I also found several crumbling injector connectors during the hunt.
I was able to buy replacement connectors for all of the injectors and the OPS and splice them in.
The cost wasn’t too bad, but the effort was terrible.
Better than walking or buying a new vehicle though!

I’m betting on a wire harness issue similar to what I had to fix on our 2015.
Wires at the oil pressure sensor were poorly insulated from the heat & it eventually turned the wire insulation to dust, exposing the conductors to short out at will.
It happened randomly & regularly.
I also found several crumbling injector connectors during the hunt.
I was able to buy replacement connectors for all of the injectors and the OPS and splice them in.
The cost wasn’t too bad, but the effort was terrible.
Better than walking or buying a new vehicle though!

You certainly stuck with it! I give you a A++++ on this. Thank you for sharing the findings and resolution with the forum!

Reactions: WestCoastDan