JK engine swap

cheech_charron

Looking to swap the engine in my 2011 JK sport. Have a manual trans and want to keep it a manual after the swap (different transmission if needed obviously). Been looking around and the only swaps I've been able to find are to automatic transmissions. Any suggestions on where to look or has anyone done a v8 swap and been able to keep it manual?

Looking to swap the engine in my 2011 JK sport. Have a manual trans and want to keep it a manual after the swap (different transmission if needed obviously). Been looking around and the only swaps I've been able to find are to automatic transmissions. Any suggestions on where to look or has anyone done a v8 swap and been able to keep it manual?

You would just need to use a Manual trans that will normally come with the engine you want to use. That would make it the easiest thing to do.

Other wise you would need to find a adapter to make the Jeeps trans work with the engine of choice. But just my opinion there are better transmissions out there other then the manual trans in the JK's.

You would just need to use a Manual trans that will normally come with the engine you want to use. That would make it the easiest thing to do.

Other wise you would need to find a adapter to make the Jeeps trans work with the engine of choice. But just my opinion there are better transmissions out there other then the manual trans in the JK's.
Thanks. Now I just need to find a manual with a transfer case I can stick behind a hemi.

That's what I'm seeing. I may need to go the GM iron block route. Which wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. Just need to find a swap kit that can hopefully make things a touch easier. And if all else fails maybe I'll just beef up the 3.8 as much as I can.

I've already gotten my swap engine, a 95 4.3 that I swapped to carb with a 4l60 trans with T-case. Just waiting for my 3.8 to die but probably won't since it only has 77,000 miles on it.

I've already gotten my swap engine, a 95 4.3 that I swapped to carb with a 4l60 trans with T-case. Just waiting for my 3.8 to die but probably won't since it only has 77,000 miles on it.
Gotcha. Yeah I’m probably gonna go that route but I’m really wanting to keep it manual hopefully. That’ll be really nice once it’s built though