JK Brake Torque Specs

IndominusHuman

JK Enthusiast
Hoping for some guidance. I am redoing the brakes on my Jeep tomorrow, rotors and all. I keep finding conflicting torque specs on the brake caliper bracket bolt torque spec. Some have said 120ftlbs (front) and 77 (rear) while others say 55ftlbs for the rear.

The owners manual doesn't have these torque specs in it.

Asked this same question in a Facebook group and someone posted the Haynes manual torque sheet.
2007-2010- 120ftlbs front and 77 rear
2011 and later JKs 100ftlbs Front 77 rear.

I will probably just do 120 to be safe on the front with my '17. People commented that they do 120 front and rear and have zero issues.

Just for others wanting this information.

Working inside the wheel well on jack stands I could only muster a bit over 100 ft lbs for the fronts. Along with blue lock tight I'm ok with that amount of tightening. It sure did not take 120 ft lbs to loosen them. I could have gotten to 120 if I was working from underneath.

Reactions: franka548
Working inside the wheel well on jack stands I could only muster a bit over 100 ft lbs for the fronts. Along with blue lock tight I'm ok with that amount of tightening. It sure did not take 120 ft lbs to loosen them. I could have gotten to 120 if I was working from underneath.
I will be using jack stands as well so we will see if i get the same results. 100 is fine Im sure.

Reactions: Danarch
Hoping for some guidance. I am redoing the brakes on my Jeep tomorrow, rotors and all. I keep finding conflicting torque specs on the brake caliper bracket bolt torque spec. Some have said 120ftlbs (front) and 77 (rear) while others say 55ftlbs for the rear.

The owners manual doesn't have these torque specs in it.
Shop Manual specifies 100ft/lbs for the front & 77ft/lbs for the rear.