JeepCables.com , Big 7 complete kit

Unless you are running a ton of stuff on your jeep to the point where you have a super powered alternator etc, etc, then perhaps, probably not, but perhaps, otherwise spend that $175 on something else for the jeep.

anyone have any experience with these? an upgrade for the stock battery cables.

Not that company specifically, but worst case scenario you just improved the electrical system for the entire vehicle for less than $200.

For me it was a no brainer, as I wanted to make sure I had 1) an improved gauge of wire 2) much better terminals 3) now I know I don't have corroded wires hiding behind shrink wrapped cables.

How many threads got started on here due to bad wiring/grounds? I didn't want to be one of them so imho, money well spent.

it started with loose terminals and ended here lol, but with my winch and some lights, an upgrade isn't a bad idea IMO

The reason I went with the cables from the other vendor is that theirs maintains the fusible link instead of inserting an actual fuse, which is a better application imo.

Reactions: PellstonJKR
The reason I went with the cables from the other vendor is that theirs maintains the fusible link instead of inserting an actual fuse, which is a better application imo.

Just me but I would say if the fuse or fusible would burn out at least the fuse could be replaced along side the road or woods easier.

Just me but I would say if the fuse or fusible would burn out at least the fuse could be replaced along side the road or woods easier.

Sure, but the fusible link only goes if there's something so bad that having extra fuses isn't going to help even if you do have extras.

A temporary over-amperage situation with a fuse means you better have an extra fuse. A fusible link means nothing goes pop.

It's also fewer connections to have problems with.

Reactions: PellstonJKR
Sure, but the fusible link only goes if there's something so bad that having extra fuses isn't going to help even if you do have extras.

A temporary over-amperage situation with a fuse means you better have an extra fuse. A fusible link means nothing goes pop.

It's also fewer connections to have problems with.

Yea just everyone's preference, I dealt with the ole fusible links on the old Dodges to long. Everyone that ever had problems with them always switched them over to blade fuses and had no more problems.

But With a dead short neither will make a difference until you find the problem.

Yea just everyone's preference, I dealt with the ole fusible links on the old Dodges to long. Everyone that ever had problems with them always switched them over to blade fuses and had no more problems.

But With a dead short neither will make a difference until you find the problem.

Granted, I wouldn't want to have a bunch of them floating around like you find in older vehicles. Fords used to shove a bunch of them in there too I think. A lot of that was pre 70's/blade fuses though.

In this one situation though, when you're talking about the charging system/battery of the vehicle, I only want it to let out the magic smoke in the link when it's really necessary.

It seems that the stock wiring is just adequate. I truly dislike the factory battery terminals and the body ground straps are a joke. I get that it's a cost/benefit thing, but it seems like this would be a great area to upgrade. Personally, I agree with @BLACKJKU on the fuse/fusible link, to each their own.