Jeep Tune Kit

Batman52

Hi all I have a 2013 unlimited sport JK with a 3.6 motor. I just put on 35” Ridge Grappler tires with a 3” lift. I was thinking of putting a tune on it in hopes of getting a little more power, performance and improve gas mileage. Any suggestions on what would be the best option

Hi all I have a 2013 unlimited sport JK with a 3.6 motor. I just put on 35” Ridge Grappler tires with a 3” lift. I was thinking of putting a tune on it in hopes of getting a little more power, performance and improve gas mileage. Any suggestions on what would be the best option

OEM if you don't want to have problems with the picky JK's.

Reactions: BigAL07
I bought it new haven’t had any real problems with it it’s got 80,000 miles not doing any off-roading. I’ll just replace coils plugs and filters no need to poke the bear

If you're talking about an engine tune due to perceived loss of power from the larger, heavier tires Superchips has a tuner option.

It can also correct your speedo due to the tire size change, read codes, and do other stuff.

You could also look into something like a pedal commander for more pedal response.

Reactions: BigAL07 and mrjp
I misunderstood the question your wanting a tuner, Superchips is good. Also like Vman said a Pedal Commander will make it feel like it has more power.

Reactions: mrjp and Vman
I was initially thinking about a tune but Blackjku advised against it due to problems it can cause. I was hoping to find something that will give a power boost help with performance and maybe increase gas mileage. While I am mechanically inclined I’ve never put a tune on a motor I’ve done tune ups. Inquiring before I run off just buying stuff

I was initially thinking about a tune but Blackjku advised against it due to problems it can cause. I was hoping to find something that will give a power boost help with performance and maybe increase gas mileage. While I am mechanically inclined I’ve never put a tune on a motor I’ve done tune ups. Inquiring before I run off just buying stuff

In my first reply I was thinking you was talking about a tuneup and was referring to the fact that OEM tuneup parts should be used because of the JK's picky ECM.

As far a a Tune with a Programmer i'm not aware of any problems with using them.

Ok sounds like you're just experiencing the effects of sticking on larger, heavier tires (which a large number of us do) and non-ideal gearing.

The real problem here with the loss of acceleration (and weird shifting, struggling up hills), and the solution to it, isn't an engine tune (tho a pedal commander can really help the response feeling) it's a re-gear. Especially in an automatic.

If you previously had 32/33" tires and 3.73 gears and went to 35"s....you're going to notice a difference.

Good reference here:

Doing stuff besides regearing to fit your tire size will just be putting a band aid on it.

I had the same problem with power loss. I have a 2015 JKU Sport with a 4 inch lift and B.F. Goodrich AT K02 35 inch. My problem was the 3.21 gears. I changed to 4.56 and what a difference. I also replaced the open differential and put in a Yukon Limited Slip differential in both axles. You need to address the gears before you start playing with the electronics. Otherwise you are just putting lipstick on a pig.

Reactions: Vman and mrjp
Off topic, but I gotta say.
That' a good looking Bull Mastiff!
I lost my girl to bone cancer a few years ago.
She was the best dog i have ever had the pleasure of owning.
She was loyal, smart, and beautiful!

IMG_0111.JPG

Reactions: BigAL07 and mrjp