Jeep problems on the 4th

Js90

Hi all! Happy 4th! Random question-

Was driving my 2010 JK yesterday and the ABS, ESP, and traction light all flashed for a split second. Jeep lost power for that second, but then lights went off, and Jeep kept on driving. Did it about 3 more times. After the several flashes, I drove about 8 more miles without it happening again.

I know the obvious would be wheel speed sensor. I’ve replaced in the past when those lights came on and STAYED on, but they flash so quickly my passenger couldn’t even catch them from the time the chime sounded to them looking at the dash.

Any ideas? Deciding if I should test on another drive or tackle myself. Lights definitely haven’t stayed on long enough to pull a code.

Would be so grateful!

Unless the lights stay on permanent you don't have to worry, also you can still drive the Jeep even if the lights do stay on.

Mine have been on for quite some time now permanently and still have the same regular braking.

Unless the lights stay on permanent you don't have to worry, also you can still drive the Jeep even if the lights do stay on.

Mine have been on for quite some time now permanently and still have the same regular braking.

Thank you so much for your quick reply! I actually just took it for a ride around the block as yesterday it started flashing right away, and nothing. Maybe a glitch or a fluke? But I really appreciate it! Guess if there was actually something going on it would come back on.

Have had this Jeep for years so not new to jeeping, but new to the higher mileage the older it gets, so I’m trying to learn as I go and take care of as much as I can on my own.

I’ll resume my Jeep day holiday plans with some piece of mind now 😎

Reactions: JeepJeezy
It may also be a ground failing somewhere. Probably pretty hard to find though.
Thank you for your reply! I’ve read that too while trying to research. As of right now, I don’t have any other electrical issues or starting issues. So I’m hoping it stays that way! I suppose if it continues that may be a good avenue to look into.