Jeep JK won’t start when warm, help!

mdearmon10

2017 Wrangler Sport 2 door
125k miles

Jeep has trouble starting when the engine is warm. Have already done: new battery, new spark plugs, cleaned throttle body, replaced filters, oil change, new crank shaft position sensor, new cam shaft position sensor.

I can hear the fuel pump engage when the key is turned. Problem only occurs after driving. Does not have a problem restarting in the few minutes after driving, but if I let the Jeep sit for roughly half an hour it won’t restart. When cranked the engine sounds like it’s getting a super rough idle then normally dies. New this afternoon, the engine is giving itself one shot to fire up then it’s killing itself.

No, last CEL I got was for an O2 sensor probably 2,000 miles ago. Replaced it and haven’t gotten any codes since. That’s what’s really frustrating me, I can’t seem to diagnose this issue.

To understand better the starter turns over but it just doesn't want to start running?

To understand better the starter turns over but it just doesn't want to start running?
Yes, sometimes the engine will even “start” with a horrible idle then it will die on its own within about 3 seconds. Most of the time it’s like it just won’t fire up.

Yes, sometimes the engine will even “start” with a horrible idle then it will die on its own within about 3 seconds. Most of the time it’s like it just won’t fire up.

Since it's not having a CEL it seems to me it's a fuel issue, i'm not sure if there's a way to test fuel pressure on that year of a Jeep.

Reactions: Danarch