J-Scan code help

Js90

Hi there! So I had a few lights flash over the weekend. I ran JScan and got “historical c2101.” High voltage. But I also saw in “Trailview” that my battery voltage was 11.5. Granted this was in accessory mode. Does this still seem low though? It’s confusing because I had high voltage then low?

Any thoughts? I’m going to drive tomorrow with Jscan connected and see what my running voltage is. I appreciate any responses in advance. I’m trying to learn as I go. Thank you!

Did this resolve the issue?

Hi! I’ve actually been keeping an eye and was planning on updating when I was for sure. I cleaned my battery clamps really well and then went to Autozone and had them test my battery and alternator. Both were in perfect shape. They had my resting voltage at 12.56. That must have done it! Thank you guys for your help! Still learning 😎

Hi! I’ve actually been keeping an eye and was planning on updating when I was for sure. I cleaned my battery clamps really well and then went to Autozone and had them test my battery and alternator. Both were in perfect shape. They had my resting voltage at 12.56. That must have done it! Thank you guys for your help! Still learning 😎
Did the problem recur or did your battery terminal 'fix' resolve this issue?
I'm having this issue now as well, and recently replaced a failing battery.
I'm going to check my terminals as part of the plan, but wondered if that resolved your issue.

That clamp design isn’t great at all.
Instead of effectively tightening the clamp around the post when the nut is tightened, it bent the tabs.
I was able to lift the clamp off the battery without even loosening it!

Disassembled the clamp, bent the tabs, put it back together. Cleaned up the post, reconnected and problem solved.
4205AAD2-143D-4540-B358-4FCF8CD905C9.jpeg

Reactions: mrjp and Dirty Dog
That clamp design isn’t great at all.
Instead of effectively tightening the clamp around the post when the nut is tightened, it bent the tabs.
I was able to lift the clamp off the battery without even loosening it!

Disassembled the clamp, bent the tabs, put it back together. Cleaned up the post, reconnected and problem solved.
That is a terrible design! I had not paid any attention to the design, so I just went and looked. Ours are like yours. Yuck!
I use clamps like THIS on the Vette. I'll have to order some and swap them onto the Jeeps too.
Thanks for giving me another project!

That's not sarcasm. I get bored if I don't have things to tinker on, and I prefer things that have actual benefit, not just busy work.