Is there a way to easily reset the steering angle sensor?

ReeseM

My traction control light and my ESP/BAS light went on and my OBD2 scanner said steering angle sensor. is there a way to easily reset it or do you think I should just bring it to the shop?

FYI I put a 3.5 inch lift a few months ago and its been fine, and then the light just turned on a few days ago

The ESP comes on for a couple reasons 1 it's shut off or 2 your moving the steering wheel back and forth fast like and your Jeep thinks it's fishtailing. The dealer would be the last place i'd take it to. I ask you in your last post where you mention this and asked if your steering wheel was centered.

Reactions: Chris
Wasnt there a Clockspring recall? Go on Mopar's site & enter your VIN. A bad clockspring could cause those symptoms.

Really other then having to look at the lights being on there isn't really a problem. I remember the first time my ESP came on it was Butt pucker and thinking back to my Old Dodges DW. And you still have good brakes when the ABS is on just not the scary brake thing if you've never experienced it when the ABS works.