Is there a way in J-Scan to allow the transmission to go into overdrive while in 4WD low?

Is there a way in jscan to allow the auto transmission to go into overdrive while in 4wd low range on a 210 jkur?
Thanks for you input in advance,
Frank

Probably not because in low range you can only go a certain speed, probably around 15 to 20 MPH. Even if you could you wouldn't be able to have enough RPM's for the engine to keep running.

Is there a way in jscan to allow the auto transmission to go into overdrive while in 4wd low range on a 210 jkur?
Thanks for you input in advance,
Frank
My 2010 Rubicon JK auto goes into overdrive in low range. The only thing I don't like is that they put the overdrive off button in front of the gear shift on the center console instead of on the side of the gear shift where you can reach it with your thumb. I'll probably move it.

My 2010 Rubicon JK auto goes into overdrive in low range. The only thing I don't like is that they put the overdrive off button in front of the gear shift on the center console instead of on the side of the gear shift where you can reach it with your thumb. I'll probably move it.

So how fast do you go in 4low in OD and at what RPM's on the engine?

Are you staying in Low range to use the lockers? At those speeds you should be in high range. The Jscan will allow high range usage of the lockers.

With the Jscan app open - you can touch the locker icon to engage in 2wd, 4hi or 4 lo. You can also disconnect the Rubicon swaybar and it will stay that way until you touch the icon again or until you turn the Jeep off.

Reactions: mrjp
I tied into the locker relays and have switches to engage lockers whenever is necessary, regardless of which mode the transfer case is in. I usually tailgun when out, so it is easy to get behind temerarily, which is why the question came up. The speed is usually temporary to just catch up to the group.
Frank

Reactions: mrjp
With the Jscan app open - you can touch the locker icon to engage in 2wd, 4hi or 4 lo. You can also disconnect the Rubicon swaybar and it will stay that way until you touch the icon again or until you turn the Jeep off.
So playing around with this yesterday, when engaged does the dash light just blink or does it eventually go solid? My factory ones work pretty good and lock or release quickly with the factory switch, but with the app it just blinked forever, never going solid... blinked even after a vehicle shutdown for a bit.

If I use the jscan trailview app to activate my lockers they just blink the whole time.

If I use the jscan trailview app to activate my lockers they just blink the whole time.
Ok, I thought that was what was meant by the Jscan pop-up, but I wanted to check. I wish the app just allowed you to use the factory buttons.

Ok, I thought that was what was meant by the Jscan pop-up, but I wanted to check. I wish the app just allowed you to use the factory buttons.
If you don't want to use JScan, install one of the various locker override or bypass kits. As I recall, all you really need to do is ground the relay.

If you don't want to use JScan, install one of the various locker override or bypass kits. As I recall, all you really need to do is ground the relay.
Interesting, thank for the info, I'll look into it. It's not super important, just a few situations where it would be handy in the winter.

Reactions: Dirty Dog