Is there a tire carrier that works with the factory Hard Rock rear bumper?

pspc271

Hello, my wife has a 2016 rubicon hard rock JKU. She just got larger wheels and tires. They installed a larger tire carrier but not the heavy duty hinge or support bracket. I'd like to get the tire off the tailgate all together and was thinking of the bumper mounted tire carrier. Does anyone know of a carrier that will work either the factor rubicon hard rock bumper? It looks like it has a spot for one but i don't know much about jeeps.

The only one I know of that works with the stock bumper is the AEV one like the one here...

I have the AEV rear carrier and bumper. Once adjusted, it is a great setup (I run 35s).

Reactions: mrjp
Hello, my wife has a 2016 rubicon hard rock JKU. She just got larger wheels and tires. They installed a larger tire carrier but not the heavy duty hinge or support bracket. I'd like to get the tire off the tailgate all together and was thinking of the bumper mounted tire carrier. Does anyone know of a carrier that will work either the factor rubicon hard rock bumper? It looks like it has a spot for one but i don't know much about jeeps.

Yes, the AEV one works with the factory Hard Rock bumper and it is one hell of a nice tire carrier too. You'll absolutely love it!

Here is a pic of the AEV fuel & tire carrier with a 35 on a Recon

32c14fb94435bc2e502b36121467c5f2.jpg

Reactions: JerryD
@mrjp I don't have the fuel carrier (although I'm sorely tempted) but I do have the pull pal/hi-lift mount. Holds the hi-lift securely and is a place to mount my very infrequently used CB antenna.

I used to have cube lights mounted on top of the taillights but the carrier (with the hi-lift) bracket) did interfere at full open, so I moved the lights to the top of the mast.

1202201244.jpg

@mrjp I don't have the fuel carrier (although I'm sorely tempted) but I do have the pull pal/hi-lift mount. Holds the hi-lift securely and is a place to mount my very infrequently used CB antenna.

I used to have cube lights mounted on top of the taillights but the carrier (with the hi-lift) bracket) did interfere at full open, so I moved the lights to the top of the mast.

View attachment 117705
With a 35" tire and the fuel carrier the rear view is pretty blocked I installed a rearview camera and mirror I mounted the camera between the about were your antenna is located. My back-up camera is located in the bumper.

Reactions: JerryD
With a 35" tire and the fuel carrier the rear view is pretty blocked I installed a rearview camera and mirror I mounted the camera between the about were your antenna is located. My back-up camera is located in the bumper.
Yup, rear view mirror is pretty much useless. I put the camera in my bumper, too.

Reactions: mrjp