Is there a manual locker that can be installed in my automatic 2017 JKU?

tsailor1

I had an Aussie locker XD-13027 installed on my Dana 30 front axle. At the same time I was trying to get an Aussie rear locker for my Dana 44. My installer says the Aussie locker isn't an option for my rear as its only for a manual transmission. To be honest this part is a little over my head so that is why I am asking for some help. Is there a manual locker that can be installed in my 2017 JKU Automatic with 4.56 gears? Any help would be appreciated. Trying to be as cost conscious as possible. Thanks for the help in advance

He said something about computer and it would put in limp mode. But he also said that Aussie verified the information.

Really? I honestly never knew that.

I'd be curious to know as well, since I for one strongly prefer my automatic.

Sorry, I thought "selectable" when you wrote "manual" and perhaps misunderstood what you meant. It sounds like you now want a selectable rather than an automatic locker. The Aussie would be considered an automatic locker. And yes, a lunchbox locker won't work in newer JK's This is what I read on another forum:

"In 2012 and newer jeep JK's with automatic transmissions any mechanical locker will cause the vehicle to go into limp mode as soon as you turn your 1st turn. This is due to the vehicle computer using the wheel speed sensors for traction control

Torq Masters website does not list the Aussie Locker as being available on autos after 2011.

Have you considered a TrueTrac? When I regear I expect I'll go the TrueTrac route. For what I do around my state, it's more than enough. It is a helical gear design that is technically a limited slip, but by it's design has many advantages over a clutch-type design like what the factory installs. I have the Jeep limited slip in mine right now and it's done surprisingly well. I had a Powertrax lunchbox locker in the rear of a Scout I once had. Worked pretty good, a little noisy but not bad. Compared to the Powertrax or the Aussie though, I like the design of the TrueTrac better. My $.02.

There's also ARB or OX selectables (among others), but true lockers are more expensive, too

HTH
Jerry

I use Eaton Electric Lockers front and rear and I have an automatic. No problems noted. I manually switch them on or off when needed. Is the Aussie locker an air locker by chance?

still looking for a locker for my 2015 jk 373 Dana44 rear, with auto trans. i know true trac is one option but, do they make
a posi full time locker for my JK

still looking for a locker for my 2015 jk 373 Dana44 rear, with auto trans. i know true trac is one option but, do they make
a posi full time locker for my JK

I heard you can't put a locker in some of the JK's with a auto trans, it causes the trans to go into limp mode.