Is there a cap available for the empty dash shelf below the radio?

jso123

I need to replace my head unit and Alpine makes something called a Halo button that is a big and handy volume control that also controls the SubWoofer. The perfect location would be in that empty tray spot I circled in yellow.
The control is wireless, but need a plate to mount it on. Rather not have to fabricate something if it already exist.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

04B859E6-2996-41EC-91BD-E7D384CA8AAE.jpeg

717050E3-26A2-442B-8B34-06E5D815AE8F.png

Are you really gonna give up the electric windows to control the volume & bass with a wireless knob that can be mounted anywhere?
And what's wrong with the volume control knob/button that is part of the radio?

Are you really gonna give up the electric windows to control the volume & bass with a wireless knob that can be mounted anywhere?
And what's wrong with the volume control knob/button that is part of the radio?
Maybe the OP has hand crank windows. That's still a thing for Jeeps.

Reactions: Danarch
Well to be honest, I went with the circled part on the photo provided...

Crank windows would make that spot a bit like the junk drawer in the kitchen, except it is too small for anything meaningful.
In that case, I'd do the same thing, but probably figure out a way to 'fill in' the opening of the shelf with something that looks kind of like this:
1653526969277.png

This could recess into the opening slightly, to avoid having any rough edges that show, and it would retain the factory clips, etc. that secure the shelf to the dash panel.
The dots are where I would use rivets, screws, etc. to secure it in the opening.

To get an exact shape, I'd probably press the factory part down over some clay, soft foam, etc. and then make a template of the shape with painter's tape.

Reactions: BigAL07