Is it worth it to turbocharge a JK wrangler?

Wallo70

Hey
this is my first post. I own a 2016 JK sport with ofcourse a 3.6 v6, it has low mileage and in a good condition. I was wondering how much it would cost to turbo charge it and if its worth it in the first place. p.s. I rarely off-road with it.

To be honest I don't see how a turbo would be any benefit offroading. I'll bet your looking at between $1,500 and $2,000 in doing it, not sure if i've seen any kits available for them.

There are some supercharger kits available for some of the JK's.

well as I said I don’t go off-roading very much, I just love quick acceleration. I know the wrangler can’t hit high speeds so I’m trying to improve that 0-60 😆. Anyway thanks for the info

well as I said I don’t go off-roading very much, I just love quick acceleration. I know the wrangler can’t hit high speeds so I’m trying to improve that 0-60 😆. Anyway thanks for the info

If you want cheap quick acceleration then get a Pedal Commander or other throttle enhancer. There is quite a bit of info on here from Members including myself who will say best bang for the buck.

There is no direct install turbo kit for the JK. Your best bet is a T3/T4 universal kit. A T3/T4 turbo is a hybrid turbo that will spool quickly and will give you a range of 7-21 psi. Your universal kit will give you your intercooler, piping, turbo, silicone connections, t bolt clamps, oil lines and BOV. Your price will range anywhere from $600 - $1,800 depending on how much is in the kit, the turbo brand and the intercooler. Your next cost will be install, unless you're doing it yourself. You'll still need to get a turbo flange welded and the header. If you research a T3/T4 hybrid you'll see they're meant more so for a 4 banger but I wouldn't trust a big turbo on a stock 3.6.

Prodigy performance makes bolt on turbo kits with OBD tunes. IMO 6 to 8 lbs is plenty for a daily, and less maintenance over a supercharger.