Is it possible to make the factory radio go to HDD mode by default when turned on?

57chevyman

I own a 2018 Jeep Wrangler JK/ Rubicon. It has the entertainment package, the UCONNECT 430/430N.

I have loaded a thousand songs onto the HDD and mostly listen to those songs. When I turn the vehicle off, go into a store or whatever and restart the vehicle it lands on the the Sirrus radio. I have to manually push the Media button then the HDD button on the touch screen to listen to music on the HDD, My question is, is it possible to make it so that when I restart the vehicle it puts me back into the HDD mode.I 'm sure Sirrus radio paid and is paying tons of money to Jeep to make sure you are listening to Sirrus radio first.

It's been a while since I've had that radio, but IIRC, when you "save" the settings, it will keep whatever mode you were in. 🤷

After reading your question, I went out and tinkered with my 430N and I found that whatever mode the unit was in when I shut it off, and pulled the key, was the same mode it opened in when I fired it up. I selected HDD, although I have zero files uploaded to it, and it appeared in that mode when I started it.
Other than satellite radio, I frequently stream Pandora as well, just because the sound quality is so much better, and I know my Jeep won't start in that mode because of the BT connection required.

It's a 2014, btw.