Is anyone using ethanol free gas?

Ghstrydr

JK Enthusiast
Is anyone using ethenol free gas? The Chevron station I get gas at offers it, however it is rated as premium and about $10 more a tank full. Not sure there is any advantage to using it other then it not having ethenol in it.

If your not resetting the ECM to run Premium I doubt if you'll gain anything from using it other then it being Ethanol free.

Yeah, that's kind of what I'm thinking too. I know some folks prefer non-ethenol gas I guess it's just for that very reason, not for better performance or gas mileage.

I use the Premium gas in all of my outdoor equipment because the Ethanol gas will mess up the carburetors.

Reactions: mrjp and Ghstrydr
Won't make a difference on your JK. Now if you're using it in lawn mowers, leaf blowers, power equipment, boats, etc., then it will make a huge difference but not in actual power, in engine longevity and starting up every time.

yep, the premium stuff is for your small engines. Unless you use them daily, never put fuel with ethanol in the tank. Ethanol likes to create blockages in the tiny ports in the small engines and can ruin a carburetor. I have never had any luck cleaning them to 100% and have just had to replace. I never put that crap in any of my yard machines. Jeep? yep, it can deal with it, no benefit to the more expensive gas.

Reactions: mrjp