Is a muffler delete a good idea?

Gj14ya

I’m a new owner of 2023 wrangler rubicon and my first jeep and was thinking to delete muffler and install flowmaster outlaw axle back exhaust.

Will it cause any issue to engine or any negative effects on the car..

I’m a new owner of 2023 wrangler rubicon and my first jeep and was thinking to delete muffler and install flowmaster outlaw axle back exhaust.

Will it cause any issue to engine or any negative effects on the car..

It won't damage the engine, but will change the sound of the exhaust. I have no experience with that muffler, but maybe someone else will know how it sounds.

Reactions: BigAL07
By the way welcome to the forum from WVa. 🍺🍺 We love pics! Let’s see that Jeep when ya get a chance

By the way welcome to the forum from WVa. 🍺🍺 We love pics! Let’s see that Jeep when ya get a chance
Here ya go!!

C81370F6-C3DE-491B-B057-0AA956AF5810.jpeg

DON'T DO IT. My jeep came with that exact same muffler. The droning noise inside the jeep was awful. You couldn't hear the radio and it actually hurt my ears. I replaced it with a dual tip performance muffler from RockAuto. I got a little more sound then stock but way less noise than the Flowmaster Outlaw.

I have a 3.8 with a dual out Magnaflow. Berry Berry Load. I do mostly short trips back roads. Guessing it would become very annoying on a long highway ride.

DON'T DO IT. My jeep came with that exact same muffler. The droning noise inside the jeep was awful. You couldn't hear the radio and it actually hurt my ears. I replaced it with a dual tip performance muffler from RockAuto. I got a little more sound then stock but way less noise than the Flowmaster Outlaw.
On persons drone is another's engine anthem.

• Dislike
I've always preferred quiet exhaust, the quieter the better.
It depends on the vehicle. I have a magnaflow and the drone at first on the highway was annoying. Now it's broken in and it'll do a little BRAAAP when I'm getting on it and it shifts gears. A little louder than stock, but not annoying and I like it. On my old 383 Road Runner, that V-8 sounds soooo sweet with a pronounced rumble. These modern v-6's just don't have the same sound as a muscle car, so I'm not really that interested in making it louder (had the muffler on when I bought it).

My 258 CJ, however, had a really nice burble when driving down a trail and the sound would reflect off a canyon wall... just can't duplicate that sound either. I guess nothing to add, just miss that old CJ sometimes :)

Enjoy your EV...
Not likely. Their off-road performance is sad, and the range ...? But, that said, quieter vehicles in the wild allow you to roll up without startling the animals. I liked my Tacoma - not an EV - for that. True story, it was quiet enough that a nice young lady, blind, walked into the side of it once. I retrieved her cane and walked her around the back of the truck and up to the sidewalk. Neither of my Wranglers was that quiet.

Not likely. Their off-road performance is sad, and the range ...? But, that said, quieter vehicles in the wild allow you to roll up without startling the animals. I liked my Tacoma - not an EV - for that. True story, it was quiet enough that a nice young lady, blind, walked into the side of it once. I retrieved her cane and walked her around the back of the truck and up to the sidewalk. Neither of my Wranglers was that quiet.
Better make peace with the idea of EVs. They are coming whether you like it or not. California will be 100% EV by 2035, but more significant, so will the Entire European Union.

That being said, I'm unsure where you are hearing that they have poor Off-road performance, if anything the instant torque and low center of gravity make them ideal.

Any Electric off-roader is first gen tech, second gen EV. The first Wrangler in the 80s was 8th gen Jeep.

Reactions: Duster
Better make peace with the idea of EVs. They are coming whether you like it or not. California will be 100% EV by 2035, but more significant, so will the Entire European Union.

That being said, I'm unsure where you are hearing that they have poor Off-road performance, if anything the instant torque and low center of gravity make them ideal.

Any Electric off-roader is first gen tech, second gen EV. The first Wrangler in the 80s was 8th gen Jeep.
Let all the tree hugging people from California buy EV's. That will lower the demand on gas which will drive the gas prices down. They can never get rid of fossil fuels, too many item we depend on are made from fossil fuels, and that includes EV's

I'm not rooting for this, I'm just reading the weather. California's law isn't what convinced me, they are always doing odd stuff. It's that the EU is making gas car new sales illegal in 2035. Hell, F1 is 50% hybrid now. Stallantis is based in the EU.

I also doubt fuel is going to get cheaper. Both gas and electric are subsidized by the government, the oil lobby has lost of ton of power, and all the car manufactures have EVs now, so they won't be lobbying for it. I just hope the next gen EVs are good enough before gas is $10 a gallon.

Hopefully it doesn't go the way that the fuel for my chainsaw has. When I got my expensive new saw last year, I bought one gallon of the fancy pre-mixed Stihl 93 octane for the brand new engine. $34 for the gallon.