Instrument panel has no power after getting wet

Mskeyport

On my 2013 JK Moab instrument panel, the buttons below the climate control knobs got wet and now I have no power to the panel, only the hazards

On my JK Wrangler Moab , my 5 gang panel below the climate control knobs were wet after a rain shower ,and now I have no power to the panel only the hazards Thankyou in advance

image.jpg

Not sure if there is an individual fuse for those, but it's worth checking in the owner's manual. I doubt there is, but again, check first, as you always want to start with the simplest stuff. If it isn't that, I would speculate you fried those switches and will need to get replacements unfortunately.

Water definitely isn't good for electronics. One of the reasons I laugh my ass off when I see people with "snorkels" acting like they are going to ford rivers with water up to the hood. Yeah... you do that and let me know afterwards how many electrical issues you have :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: BLACKJKU
Thanks for the advice , all the fuses are good. Gonna try the relays next before I replace it. Was hoping it was just a fuse.

Oh yes, check the relays for sure. If it's not them, it's likely the panel itself. I believe that panel is one unit, which would make sense why they all failed as oppose to just some of them.

Oh yes, check the relays for sure. If it's not them, it's likely the panel itself. I believe that panel is one unit, which would make sense why they all failed as oppose to just some of them.
Does it matter that on the bar itself ,the hazards are working and the 12v cigarette litter plug what’s not working is my hill dissent asst. and heated seats and 12v plug option

Does it matter that on the bar itself ,the hazards are working and the 12v cigarette litter plug what’s not working is my hill dissent asst. and heated seats and 12v plug option

Have you taken the bar out? I'm not sure if it's one big switch panel or a series of different switches. If it's a series of different switches, then I'm guessing you got lucky and some of them fried while the others didn't (hence why some work and some don't).

On my 2013 JK Moab instrument panel, the buttons below the climate control knobs got wet and now I have no power to the panel, only the hazards
I have no power when she gets wet - that's a good problem to have.

Seriously, get a hair dryer and blow under her skirt. Don't think dirty now :) but here is how you do it. Through the globe compartment you can blow the shit out of it until you get the inside dry.
1581631150126.png

Last edited:
I have no power when she gets wet - that's a good problem to have.

Seriously, get a hair dryer and blow under her skirt. Don't think dirty now :) but here is how you do it. Through the globe compartment you can blow the shit out of it until you get the inside dry.
View attachment 114522
Thanks , looks like I have to replace the gang switch panel. I was thinking maybe it was a fuse but all checked out fine. Still no power for the Trav. control ,downhill assist , heated seats and aux. power

image.jpg